Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

to vaccinate or not to vaccinate...

+7
wizbit
Jay
KatieB
Happy Hoppers
LilyGrace
SarahJane
Kate7590
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

to vaccinate or not to vaccinate... - Page 2 Empty Re: to vaccinate or not to vaccinate...

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu May 12, 2011 10:15 pm

Vets usually give Myxi first as immunity takes 14 days to develop from Nobivac, whereas I know with Cylap (for VHD) immunity used to take 21 days.... so it was best to wait until after that period to give Myxi if VHD was done first.

If 2 vaccines are administered at the same time or so they overlap in the period immunity is developing there is a chance the immune response may be compromised.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

to vaccinate or not to vaccinate... - Page 2 Empty Re: to vaccinate or not to vaccinate...

Post by Felix&Willow Fri May 13, 2011 7:19 am

Hiya, really good thread, really positive discussion. Just wanted to support the other guys advice on not using the cylap vhd vaccine. If u like me have been reading the info on here to the point of over load- not using cylap is a point to remember. There is lots of info on the reactions bunnys can have, and unfortunatley i experianced this last wk, 2 quite poorly buns one of which couldnt use a front leg for 2 days. Good luck with the fatties ;-)
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2