Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Ready to Move

4 posters

Go down

Getting Ready to Move Empty Getting Ready to Move

Post by SnowSpider Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:41 am

Looking for a little advise regarding best way to help myself and my bunnies on this one.

Pretty sure it's going to take forever to sell the property in the current market, but planning is everything and wondering about any advise people have to keep bunnies calm and comfy during the whole process of selling and moving.

I suspect with potential buyers traipsing in and out, and then us eventually moving, they could get quite stressed - especially Chloe, because she's a neurotic wee thing and gets very nervous around new people and new places.

Unfortunately I have no garden, and even if I did I wouldn't trust anyone in the neighbourhood to not try to steal them - though anyone looking to buy my house, please ignore that last statement Wink - and I don't really want to have to ship them out of the house for an indefinite period of time.
SnowSpider
SnowSpider
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Back to top Go down

Getting Ready to Move Empty Re: Getting Ready to Move

Post by NickieM Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:06 pm

That is a hard one. I've never moved house so have no direct experience.

I should think that you could maybe keep them in their cage when you get viewers. That way there is no danger of them being stood on or stressed by strangers trying to touch them. If there was a nice bit of veg in the cage, that might make it even more appealing. Laughing

When you come to move out, you could perhaps leave them overnight with someone, then move in and collect them when you have got all your stuff in and managed to clear a wee corner for them.

It is a difficult balancing act, letting them have somewhere quiet but not being with them.

Hope your house sells OK. Our market up here is just dead as we are still waiting to hear what is to happen with RAF Lossiemouth. Fingers crossed for good news.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:00 pm

Ive never had to move since having Daisy thank goodness, but I suspect he would stress.........

I would try and keep them in a cage or pen when people come around, like Nickie says - perhaps distract them with something yummy.

Good luck hun x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:20 pm

I am actually between homes just now. We moved out of our flat last week and move into the new one next week. Thumper is at my parents house (without me), where she is totally familiar with but she is still a bit unsettled, nothing wrong as such, just not herself.

I go and see her twice a day and she is round my feet following me the whole time I am there.

What I'm getting at is, hopefully so long as the people they are used to being around are still around, then maybe they won't be too out of sorts.

That seems to be the way with Thumper so I hope it's the same for you Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down