Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pud collapsed this afternoon with the heat/ Much better :-)

+7
KatieB
LilyGrace
Jay
Vivi
NickieM
Kirsty&Lola
Tuckerbunnies
11 posters

Go down

Pud collapsed this afternoon with the heat/ Much better :-) Empty Pud collapsed this afternoon with the heat/ Much better :-)

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:42 pm

It's just been so hot here today and we have every door and window open and fans on and the ice pods out. Pud didn't look well when we went to give him his breakfast so took him out and put him on the kitchen floor as it's tiled and thought it would be cooler for him, next thing he had collapsed between the wall and the chair. I just rushed to the bathroom got a towel and soaked it in the bath and put it over Pud Mike picked him up and syringe fed him some water and he seems a bit better now. Got the fan on in the kitchen and an ice pod out for him.
I know a lot of people like this weather but we don't, just wish there was a cool breeze.

Pud collapsed this afternoon with the heat/ Much better :-) Pud3-6-11001

Pud collapsed this afternoon with the heat/ Much better :-) Pud3-6-11002

Pud collapsed this afternoon with the heat/ Much better :-) Pud3-6-11003

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Much better)

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Pud collapsed this afternoon with the heat/ Much better :-) Empty Re: Pud collapsed this afternoon with the heat/ Much better :-)

Post by Kirsty&Lola Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:10 pm

poor Pud:( I hope he is feeling better now...this weather is horrible for bunnies
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Pud collapsed this afternoon with the heat/ Much better :-) Empty Re: Pud collapsed this afternoon with the heat/ Much better :-)

Post by NickieM Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Poor wee mite, hope he is feeling better now. It's hard when you have a thick fur coat on all day. It has been really warm here too but my two seemed to be OK with it. Whole bottle of water gone today though.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:40 pm

Ive just put a cold damp towel over one half of my bunny cage down here, the upstairs ones are cooler as its shaded and don't have mine and the OH's and the TV/PC's heat up there..

Glad to see Pud is looking better there - hope this weather goes away soon, and knowing England, it probably will
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:59 pm

Poor Pud, hope he feels ok, give him a cuddle form us Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:20 pm

Aww pud pud! Luckily it was rather breezey here today being by the coast n all. Hope he's feeling better, here's hoping for a bit of coolness tomorrow Thumbs Up
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Pud collapsed this afternoon with the heat/ Much better :-) Empty Pud not good 23:38

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Pud hasn't eaten all day and not touched his tea tonight, we have given him pain relief and a gut stimulent but he's no better and seems very lethargic. Going to syringe feed him later with him not eating all day. I love Pud so much.

Please can I have some Vibes for my clown Pud please
Thank You
xxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:42 am

Lots of vibes and prayers for Pud Hugs
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:20 am

How is he today? Sending vibes. Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:48 am

Sending vibes for pud. I really hope he is okay x x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:23 am

Not sure how he is now but Pud ate a little last night, he had some parsley and dried herbs along with some dandelions
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Pud collapsed this afternoon with the heat/ Much better :-) Empty PUD UPDATE.........

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Well we put him back in his indoor home with his tea with some herbs on the top but he just sat there and didn't move, Mike took him back out about 1.00am and syringe fed him 20mls of Critical Care and 20mls of water and put him back in his indoor home and Pud went straight up to his tea and started eating Very Happy
I sat up with him till a time when I thought he was safe to leave and go to bed and at 4.00am I went to bed after watching him keep going back to his feed dish Very Happy

This morning he had eaten everything and is back to being Pud and a begging boy Very Happy

We are so relieved as he is such a character and such a clown.

Thank You so much everyone for the Vibes....they worked!
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:31 pm

So glad Pud is feeling better.

These buns are so bloomin fragile!!!!

Hope you get some time to catch up on your sleep today hun x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil & Ron's Mum Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:23 pm

Glad he is better. x

Lil & Ron's Mum
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:51 pm

cheers That's such a relief Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:55 pm

So pleased he is feeling better. You must be so relieved. xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceejay Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:42 am

Good thinking. Friday and Saturday came a bit out of the blue. We recorded 29 degrees C in our house both days. luckily we have 5 or 6 ice pods and the bunnies went and sat under their favourite chair which has a towel draped over it. I measured the temp at 23 degrees C under there, which is much better.

One good tip is to rig a fan up with a wet towel in front of it. I also use a bowl of water with an ice block in it and make sure the fan blows over the surface of the water. The evaporative cooling effect really works and can buy you a couple of degrees. Thumbs Up

Ceejay
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:16 am

Ceejay wrote:Good thinking. Friday and Saturday came a bit out of the blue. We recorded 29 degrees C in our house both days. luckily we have 5 or 6 ice pods and the bunnies went and sat under their favourite chair which has a towel draped over it. I measured the temp at 23 degrees C under there, which is much better.

One good tip is to rig a fan up with a wet towel in front of it. I also use a bowl of water with an ice block in it and make sure the fan blows over the surface of the water. The evaporative cooling effect really works and can buy you a couple of degrees. Thumbs Up

Oh love the tip of the wet towel in front of the fan as I always think that sometimes fans make it worse, will certainly try that and the bowl of water with an ice block in it....Thanks for sharing Thumbs Up

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicola1 Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:38 am

That is a good idea Very Happy I give mine frozen bottles of water to play with and I've seen people float ice cubes in their water bowls as well.

Big hugs for you and for Pud xx
Nicola1
Nicola1
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down