Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabbit Holiday Care in Surrey

3 posters

Go down

Rabbit Holiday Care in Surrey Empty Rabbit Holiday Care in Surrey

Post by alicia Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:11 pm

I'm going away for 2 weeks next month, and I'm trying to find somewhere/someone to look after the rabbits. Last year when I went away, my neighbour looked after my 4 guinea-pigs and 2 cats, and they were totally fine, but I'd like the rabbits to go to someone who knows about rabbits, in case they get ill or anything. My Mum doesn't really understand and thinks if I just give my neighbour a list of feeding instructions and vets numbers they'll be fine, but I'd quite like them to go to someone who knows about rabbits (the reason the cats and guinea-pigs aren't going to boarding places is because my neighbour has looked after them a couple of times before and I feel like she does know about cats and guinea-pigs)

She's a really nice person and I'm sure she'd take great care of them but I know rabbits can get ill quite quickly so I don't know if she'd notice in time. I've looked into boarding but I don't think I'd be able to earn enough money in time for the holiday (Mum only booked it yesterday otherwise I would have started saving up sooner) so I don't really know what to do. Does anyone know of any boarding places/people in Surrey/Hampshire that could look after 2 rabbits? I've only looked at prices in general, I haven't looked at any exact places but I can't seem to find any near enough.
alicia
alicia
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2010-05-22

http://www.theguineapighutch.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rabbit Holiday Care in Surrey Empty Re: Rabbit Holiday Care in Surrey

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:52 pm

We do bunny boarding but sadly we are to far away or we would have gladly boarded your bunnies , I do hope you find somwhere

I don't know if this below will help at all Smile

http://www.findpetboarding.com/rabbitboarding/uk/england/south_east/surrey/

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:47 am

I hope you find somewhere honey.

K x x

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by alicia Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Thank you Smile I have been looking into it and unfortunately for this holiday it will work out too expensive Sad (If I'd known my Mum was going to book a holiday I would have been able to save up but unfortunately my Mum told me a few days ago and we are going in a month which wouldn't be enough time to save up) But I'm going to ask my neighbour to look after them, and I was thinking of leaving a list of bad things to look out for (I'm not quite sure what to put on it - maybe not eating/runny nose?) I will also leave the vets number and a signed cheque so if they do get ill then I'll ask her to take them to the vets.

Because she's really busy and has 3 young children, I don't really want to ask her to clean them out (because she'd also have to clean out my 3 guinea-pig hutches and one rabbit hutch) which is a lot of work, so I've decided to ring an animal care company and ask them to clean my rabbits out once a week whilst I'm away. Do you think this would work? I feel really bad that they can't go to a boarding place but I think this way might work.
alicia
alicia
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2010-05-22

http://www.theguineapighutch.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down