Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One hoppy family !

+10
jolovesbunnies
Dawnbunny
Katiekoo
Lottie
Jay
Felix&Willow
Tuckerbunnies
NickieM
KatieB
Rachel_C
14 posters

Go down

One hoppy family ! Empty One hoppy family !

Post by Rachel_C Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:59 pm

Hullo there ,

i have posted on other boards about my bunnies but felt a formal hello was in order!
So my name is Rachel and myself and my partner have two bunnies Misty and Smudge both rescues from two different centers. We live in Devon which is lovely but has a huge gap in the market for Rabbit provision and support as i am currently learning rapidly! I am also a member of RWAF. I got Smudge about 3 years ago having lost a my last hamster and remember how i had enjoyed having rabbits as a child i was also very aware of how she spent most of her life in a hutch and run. I decided that if i was to have rabbits again they would need to live with me like a cat or a dog would. Despite my partners misgivings a hutch was put in the spare bedroom and the "invasion" as he likes to refer to began ! I did some reading and found out in the US that rabbits were now more often being kept in the house so armed with little knowledge but keen to be challenged and willing to learn. I started to prepare our house for Smudge. Smudge was rescue the last of the litter all on his own - as far as i know he is a lionhead x mini lop but if anyone else has ideas on that i am open ! after two years of him alone with us , we then moved house and found a bigger house and smudge has settled and neutered we then embarked on finding him a girlfriend- we found a another resuce place , sadly now closed who had some baby lops - unsure of breed again but told she is a dwarf x lop ?? ( again answers on a postcard if anyone knows what she is lol) and very cute! we took her on. Despite Smudges immediate misgivings of having a new friend they are now settling down and very happy i have currently waiting for her to be spayed. I am always learning and willing to change for the best care of my bunnies and i love them to bits and wouldn't change that for the world. Despite my friends thinking we are a bit weird i love having them in my house they are very part of our lives and i hope that be the that way forever. I do now spend alot of my time persuading people not to keep rabbits and raising awareness really informally and am now known amongst my friends has the a bunny expert which i can only hope is a good thing. As sadly i have seen already lovely people who have rabbits but do not really know what they are doing and the negative effects they are causing by things as simple as poor diet. I am no saint or expert but i am keen to change peoples misconceptions of rabbits - proved fantastically when i had my friends round and i was able to call both my rabbits over on cue to my lap. This shocked my friends who thought rabbits were "quite dumb". i have also persuaded one of my friends from getting rabbits for children however they are always welcome to come over for some playtime with bunnies which was good news all round. I would love to do more stuff like that but work is busy for large chunks of the year. Anyway hope to speak to you soon xx

One hoppy family ! Theguy12[b]
BABY Misty 10weeks (left) Smudge right 3 years
albino
One hoppy family ! Smudge14
Smudge (left) 3.5 yrs and Misty 9 months(right) 2011
Rachel_C
Rachel_C
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

One hoppy family ! Empty Re: One hoppy family !

Post by KatieB Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:09 pm

Hey Rachel,

Your bunnies are soooooo beautiful. Sounds like they have a wonderful life with you.

We all know what its like when people don't realise how wonderful and clever and amazing these gorgeous creatures are, but luckily on this forum we are all bunny mad.

Really pleased to have you here.

Feel free to get stuck in with the postings,

Katie x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel_C Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:22 pm

Cheers Katie thats really nice of you to say - a question do you have any ideas what my Misty might be breed wise?
Rachel_C
Rachel_C
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi there Rachel, welcome to HH. Wave

Your buns are just lovely. I don't think that Smudge is a lionhead because they tend to have a distinctive mane which can be long and silky or just fuzzy.

Looking forward to hearing more about them.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:06 am

Hi Rachel and Welcome to HH Wave

Love Misty and Smudge they are so cute and looking forward to hearing more about them and seeing more photos Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:38 am

Hi! U bunnies are beautifull! I would have no idea about their genetics other than to say mixed breed lops! Some can have lionhead in them and not inherit a mane, though they often have quite squat faces which luckiy ur bun doesnt have, which is good news for his teeth!
It can be hard work taking on the veiws of others, and i am deemed to be mad by my friends and family! Only yesterday a friend thought it hilarious that my rabbits have insurance, i just go along with it now!
Hope u enjoy the forum, i find it so usefull, its been invaluable in helping me get to grips with how to care for my 3 x
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:24 am

Hi there Rachel, welcome to HH Wave We all do what we can to spread the word, all these small pieces eventually make a complete jigsaw, so just keep plugging away!

Your two are beatiuful, lovely to hear how much happiness they bring you Very Happy
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottie Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:00 pm

Hi Rachel and welcome!
Your buns are really adorable. Love

Unfortunatly yes, rabbits like many other small pets (hamsters included) are very misunderstood and require waaay more than most people give them.
Pet stores and poorly written care books are mainly to blame unfortunatly for not informing new owners well enough.

But that's what internet forums are for, to help out new owenrs learn the right things and enjoy their pets even more. Smile
Lottie
Lottie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2010-01-05

http://www.flickr.com/photos/milkyfactory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiekoo Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi :-) gorgeous little bunnies you've got and I especially love your profile picture! looks likes you've got a cheeky little rabbit there lol Welcome to the forum

Katie
xxx
Katiekoo
Katiekoo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:08 pm

heeeeeeeelllllllllllloooooooooooooo Very Happy
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Welcome to our happy family love, you have some lovely buns.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire Debs Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Hello! Wave
Lovin' the profile pic Laughing
Yorkshire Debs
Yorkshire Debs
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:40 am

Gorgeous buns Love I love it when people think it is weird that u have a bunny in the house. Currently mine are all outside but I really enjoy having house buns and seeing the shocked look on people's faces! Followed by a transparent thought process that I must clearly be mental!

It is so rewarding isn't it, when you change people's preconceptions about bunnies. Welcome to HH and I look forward to getting to know you and your bunnies
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:00 pm

Wave Hello Rachel and welcome to Happy Hoppers. x
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:42 pm

Hello! Very Happy Your bunnies are gorrgeous! They are both lovely but I have a bit of a soft spot for lops,!! x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down