Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gypsy been to vets this morning.

5 posters

Go down

Gypsy - Gypsy been to vets this morning. Empty Gypsy been to vets this morning.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:28 pm

Awoke this morning to Gypsy our oldest bunny breathing badly so we rang the vet's and Mike took him about an hour ago, Mike has just rang to say he has a respitory infection in his nasal area. He is on Baytril for 2 weeks.

Its one bunny after another at the moment.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Gypsy - Gypsy been to vets this morning. Empty Re: Gypsy been to vets this morning.

Post by Felix&Willow Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:41 pm

Oh gosh it is! What are they doing to you guys! Shocked

Hope Gypsy gets well soon Love

I was going to ask you what might be a really stupid question - but as you have lion heads, hairy bunster Kenzo in particular - you may be the best person to ask. Well Rory is soooooo hairy, when you look at him from the front he looks like he has no eyes at all. I try grooming his bushy facial hair up into a mohawk but it doesnt saty there! I know rabbits have a blind spot due to the position of their eyes, but there is no way Rory can see through that hair, so he must only have side vision! I noticed this, then noticed him walking into a clothes horse I had out. Should I cut the hair on his face so it isnt impeding his vision? I dont like the thought of putting scissors near his eyes, but he is very good at letting me get 'sleep' out of his eyes and I would lay my fingers over the eyes and cut the hair above my fingers?

Sorry to be bothering you with questions when you are concerned for Gypsy - I hope he recovers quickley and you and Mike can get some respite from bunny poorlys! Wink
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Gypsy - Gypsy been to vets this morning. Empty Re: Gypsy been to vets this morning.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:08 pm

Felix&Willow wrote:Oh gosh it is! What are they doing to you guys! Shocked

Hope Gypsy gets well soon Love

I was going to ask you what might be a really stupid question - but as you have lion heads, hairy bunster Kenzo in particular - you may be the best person to ask. Well Rory is soooooo hairy, when you look at him from the front he looks like he has no eyes at all. I try grooming his bushy facial hair up into a mohawk but it doesnt saty there! I know rabbits have a blind spot due to the position of their eyes, but there is no way Rory can see through that hair, so he must only have side vision! I noticed this, then noticed him walking into a clothes horse I had out. Should I cut the hair on his face so it isnt impeding his vision? I dont like the thought of putting scissors near his eyes, but he is very good at letting me get 'sleep' out of his eyes and I would lay my fingers over the eyes and cut the hair above my fingers?

Sorry to be bothering you with questions when you are concerned for Gypsy - I hope he recovers quickley and you and Mike can get some respite from bunny poorlys! Wink

Thanks Wave

We trim round our hairy Lionheads eyes so they can see a bit better plus we find sometimes that the hair goes into the eyes which is what has happened to Gypsy and can irritate the eye and make them become red and sore and weep, Mike will trim round the eyes when his fur gets longer not easy with Gypsy as he won't stand still but we use the rounded end type scissors for safety. Kenzo is no problem at all and we find he is a lot happier when his facial hair is trimmed back and you can see his eyes.
We also trim their coats in the Summer to stop them getting matted and for coolness...this is the very hairy Lionheads like Kenzo though.

You are not bothering me at all it's a pleasure Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:00 pm

Ah thanks a million! I thought there might be another use for my hairdressing skills! I used to be a hairdresser before my current job. Poor little rory, he does get a bit of eye crust, nothing concerning or sore looking- the poor little mr love must be disorientated not being able to see! Im sure i have some round end scissors- be lovely to see his eyes too one is brown and one is blue/grey Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:48 pm

Oh poor Gypsy - sending get well soon vibes hun. Poor little guy.

Hope you are okay too hun, these buns are such a worry x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:29 pm

Sending lots of vibes for you and a prayer for a period of good health for everyone. xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Gypsy - Gypsy been to vets this morning. Empty UPDATE TUESDAY 21ST JUNE.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:54 pm

He doesn't seem to be breathing as bad now but I was quite shocked to hear from Mike that the vet didn't check or even look up his nose but then it wasn't our usual vet as she is away at the moment. I'm a little disapointed at that and I don't think Mike was impressed either Sad
But anyway Gypsy seem's a lot better compared to yesterday.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:13 pm

glad he is feeling a little better. fingers crossed the Anti-B's are working a treat and sorting him out.

Sending cuddles for him x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:20 pm

Hope he feels better soon, lots of nose rubs from us xx
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down