Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think of this?

3 posters

Go down

What do you think of this? Empty What do you think of this?

Post by alicia Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:03 pm

My Mum has said we could get another rabbit. I'd love to get another rabbit but I don't know if its a good idea. My Mum told me I could get another rabbit a couple of months ago but we decided to wait a bit longer because we havent had Archie and Molly long, and I had exams and we wanted to wait for Molly to become more happier around people (Archie's always been fine and happy to run up to everyone to say hello but Molly was quite nervous of people) but now she's fine with people.
I have seen a rabbit I really like, but I know I should really think about this. I can afford vaccinations for all the rabbits, and I don't think the extra food would be much more expensive because the rabbits don't eat much of their pellets and I buy loads of hay anyway because of the rabbits and guinea-pigs. The rabbit that I really like is a netherland dwarf x and he's 1 year old, and he's been looking for a home for over 6 months Sad He's not neutered and I don't think hes' vaccinated either but I haven't asked whether or not he's vaccinated. I have the space to keep him seperate from the other 2 until he's neutered and vaccinated. Someone tell me its a stupid idea, I'd love to give him a home but I don't want to make Archie or Molly unhappy, and I think I need someone else to tell me whether or not its a good idea.
alicia
alicia
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2010-05-22

http://www.theguineapighutch.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What do you think of this? Empty Re: What do you think of this?

Post by Ruffin Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:17 am

[b]Its a very difficult one and I cant tell you what to do but if you can take in anouther bunn that needs a loving long term home then I think thats great. When I got the crazy gang I was worried about Ruffin but I kept them apart and she has been fine. Sorry I havent been much help
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:52 am

I dont think its a stupid idea but i do think you might be better off going to a rescue and have them bond for you, trios arent easy and mine took a long time to settle and be okay, and the only reason i kept going is because Peanut had died and i didnt want another. And the last thing you would want is to bring a bun home and get attached and then see them not bond.

xx
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by alicia Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:01 pm

Thank you Smile I've asked on other forums too and some people have said that it could break Archie and Molly's bond, which I don't want to risk, so I've decided not to get another rabbit now, and perhaps in a couple of years I could get another pair and keep them seperate from Molly and Archie.
alicia
alicia
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2010-05-22

http://www.theguineapighutch.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum