Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What should I expect after getting a bun neutered?

5 posters

Go down

What should I expect after getting a bun neutered? Empty What should I expect after getting a bun neutered?

Post by 4390evans Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:44 pm

What should I expect when I take our buster in to be done? xx
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

What should I expect after getting a bun neutered? Empty Re: What should I expect after getting a bun neutered?

Post by woodwench Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:34 pm

A buck bun that may have been a tad hyper or prone to agression or overt sexual displays will gradually calm down.

Immeadiatly after his return home just keep an extra eye on him as regards eating and general behaviour. Also watch he doesn't pull his stitches.

Neutering a buck will render him infertile and lessen the sex drive but it need not stop him "mating" a doe.

He will probably smell sweeter, be less likely to spray and generally be more friendly.

After neutering some bucks tend to become somewhat lazy and may run to fat so a watch on diet is a must.

But in most cases neutering a buck (especially one living alongside does) is a very positive move all round.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

What should I expect after getting a bun neutered? Empty Re: What should I expect after getting a bun neutered?

Post by KatieB Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:22 pm

Immediately after the op he will need lots of TLC, peace and quet, everything to be extra clean and to be kept a special eye on.

Its very important that he eats and drinks and doesnt pull at his stitches. He will also be feeling groggy after his Anesthetic.

He will not be safe to put with un-spayed females for around six weeks afterwards as he will still be fertile.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

What should I expect after getting a bun neutered? Empty 24 hours later...

Post by Nighthawk Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:10 am

Hello! My little Nighthawk was neutered yesterday and he's only eaten about a dozen bits of hay but he doesn't want his favourite treats!

Is this enough to keep his digestive system going?

I'm a total hopper-contriac when it comes to Nighthawk!

Thanks x
Nighthawk
Nighthawk
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:23 am

Nighthawk wrote:Hello! My little Nighthawk was neutered yesterday and he's only eaten about a dozen bits of hay but he doesn't want his favourite treats!

Is this enough to keep his digestive system going?

I'm a total hopper-contriac when it comes to Nighthawk!

Thanks x

Welcome to the Forum Nighthawk Wave

Some bunnies don't eat after being neutered but it is important that they keep their gut moving so they don't go into GI Stasis. Offer him some fresh herbs like Parsley, Rocket or dill to tempt him to eat.
Did the Vet give you any pain relief to give your bunny as he may be a little uncomfortable.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Nighthawk Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:34 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote: Did the Vet give you any pain relief to give your bunny as he may be a little uncomfortable.

Thanks for the welcome and the reply Tuckerbunnies!
Unfortunately there was no pain relief offered for Nighthawk, but to my joy he is eating! Well... More than he was eating yesterday and he's hopping around so I feel a little releaved.

Back to the vet tomorrow for his check up and I think everything will be ok! albino
Nighthawk
Nighthawk
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:52 pm

Oh that's great news that he is eating it sounds as if Nighthawk is over the worse Happy Dance

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Nighthawk Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Yep he's stuffing his face right now and had a little run around his room. Yep, he's so spoilt he has his own room!

Phewwww, glad he's feeling better. Happy Dance
Nighthawk
Nighthawk
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi there,

A big welcome to HH to you both.

sounds like your little guy is on the mend. Please pass on some cuddles from us.

Feel free to introduce yourself in the meet and greet section.......he sounds gorgoeus and we would love to hear more about him x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Nighthawk Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:51 pm

Hello all, I'm sure you'll be happy to hear Nightawk will be receiving Anivac!

I took him to the vet today for his post-op check up and he's doing fiiiine!
Something magical happened in the vets while I was there.

He really doesn't like to vet man and usually tries to jump off the table, but this time, he turned around to face mummy, put his two front paws up on my chest and jumped up (lucky my reactions are quick!)
My face was in shock and I had to tell the vet it was the first time he's ever deliberatly come to me for comfort.

Moments like this make the huuuuuuge vet bills seem like a plus!
Happy Dance xx
Nighthawk
Nighthawk
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:53 pm

It is the only time Flo has looked to me for support as well. Bruce just sits there an takes any attention on offer. He is a bit of a tart!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nighthawk Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:04 pm

Hehe, cheeky Bruce! Flo is just adorable.
Doesn't it make your heart melt when you're the one they come to! Hugs
Nighthawk
Nighthawk
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down