Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sneezes

Go down

Sneezes Empty Sneezes

Post by Bex Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:34 pm

A couple days ago i heard Flopsy sneeze once or twice. Just a minute agow hen i went out to see them (think i woke her up) she sneezed about 10 times in a row Hmmm and this morning the end of her nose was wet (not sure if she had just got water on it?) Could the two be connected? Should i be worried?

Bex
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Sneezes Empty Re: Sneezes

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:27 pm

Has she got sticky fur on the insides of her front feet ( from wiping her nose) ?
The occasional sneeze is nothing to worry about but continuous sneezing over several days and/or a nasal discharge merits a Vet check. A watery nasal discharge is often the result of an allergy. But a whitish discharge indicates possible infection.

Dental problems can also cause sneezing/runny nose so your Vet should check your Bun's teeth aswell as her respiratory tract. You can try to eliminate possible allergens in her environment such as dust from hay or, if a house Bun then air fresheners etc can cause problems
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bex Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:42 pm

Thanks Jane Wave
Her paws weren't wet, and it looks like a clear discharge. Her nose just looked wet, no white or anything. They live in the shed outdoors so i aren't with her 24/7 so im not sure how long or often she has been doing it, i've just seen her do it the past few days.
She had a check up last month when she had her VHD jab and was all ok then. If she is sneezing still by Monday or i see a wet nose again i will take her straight to get checked out Smile

Bex
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:44 pm

Sounds as though Flopsy has an A1 Bunny Mummy Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content