Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Play things

+4
KatieB
fall3n-ang3l
woodwench
Thumper2001
8 posters

Go down

Play things Empty Play things

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:48 pm

Thumper has every bunny toy pets at home sell. Literally. She ignores all of them.

I've bought toys off eBay. I've tried make your own toys.

She won't play with anything, except....

I bought a toy car for my o/h from a charity auction one year, it's about half the size of her. THIS she will play with. But that's it.

Is thumper just strange? Do your buns play with bunny toys? Do they have other things they prefer to play with?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Play things Empty Re: Play things

Post by woodwench Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:03 pm

Loll gets a bit uppity with a bunny/carrot rattle but otherwise he loves toilet roll tubes, a fir cone, his ash twigs, a cats bell-ball and recently I bought a steam cleaner and the long box as become a favourite dash-through on his mad-half-hours.
Clawed's favourite toy was one of those old (70's?) pull-along dogs, the ones with a bobble tail on a spring that made clacky noises as you pulled them along. She loved twanging that tail!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:15 pm

mine love love the tunnels,when i put them in,they have a mad 30 mins dashing in and out of them,jumping over,they also love the balls you can get (3 in a pack) they dont take long to destroy,there not too fussed on toilet rolls,which is a shame as we go through loads Laughing
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:24 pm

Daisy goes through phases.....he wont touch any of his toys for ages and then just as im about to take them away he'll play with them....or pretend to.

He does love a little ring he has with a bunny face on it - we like to play catch! He also loves a little barrell with a bell in it....he uses it to make his demands.

He loves a T Towel though - will spend ages digging it and moving it from one place to another...

Oh and last night he really enjoyed nibbling a cable between the laptop and the tv...that was fabulous fun apparently!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:09 pm

Mine love the tunnels and tent in garden Very Happy

Flopsy doesnt play with toys that are inside hutch yet Flora loves them, well throwing them down the ramp Laughing

They have balls of every size, plastic rattle toys, loo rolls and a lovely new wicker type bed i bought them today Very Happy
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:22 pm

Has anyone tried one of those wicker cat bed... looks like an igloo with a balcony bed? Thought about one for Loll.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:27 pm

woodwench wrote:Loll gets a bit uppity with a bunny/carrot rattle but otherwise he loves toilet roll tubes, a fir cone, his ash twigs, a cats bell-ball and recently I bought a steam cleaner and the long box as become a favourite dash-through on his mad-half-hours.
Clawed's favourite toy was one of those old (70's?) pull-along dogs, the ones with a bobble tail on a spring that made clacky noises as you pulled them along. She loved twanging that tail!

I had one of those dogs when I was little - loved it!!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:54 pm

Mine were never interested in toys at all. The only thing they liked was the tunnels. Gloria would very occasionally throw a jangly rattle thing around - but really that was because she really wanted to show me how totally annoyed with me wanting to stroke her, not giving her enough carrots ..... I could go on!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:44 pm

Uh oh! Norty Daisy!

Right enough, she does like a good cardboard box, when we were packing up to move she had to chin every single last box. My o/h got golf clubs delivered and we cut an arch on the side for her to get in and out. She loved it. I had to hide it in the back of my car for surveyors, photographers, viewers etc coming Embarassed

Nickie it's good to hear Thumper isn't a total oddball then Laughing

Although, like Josie said, I did used to hear her throwing them down the ramp in the dead of the night when she was an outside bun.

Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:11 pm

woodwench wrote:Has anyone tried one of those wicker cat bed... looks like an igloo with a balcony bed? Thought about one for Loll.

Yep mine had one of those when on offer, they ate chewed it from the side until it collapsed and made a huge mess at the same time! Ikea do a wicker cat bed that is also fun for the buns and dirt cheap. A friend of mine bought 2 and fixed on on top of the other with cable ties to create a similar effect of igloo but much cheaper.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:49 pm

Actually, I think Joey is strange becase he does play with his toys! Our bridge bun Barney never bothered with anything we bought him - he was more interested in destroying boxes and wires and the house in general Rolling Eyes Laughing

Joe plays with his ball, hay ball and loofah and ball hangy toy. And of course tunnels Smile

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:58 pm

Don't bun toys have ODD NAMES?

Ball Hangy Toy! Clacky Dog (Claweds toy) Lil Loll has a Parrot Nibbler (which he ignores totally)....

There seems to be a whole new language developing. Thank goodness WE might not understand exactly what each thing is that is being discussed, but we know that WE are not completly mad when we talk about them.... Don't we?
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:09 am

The best money ever spent was on a dog treat ball which I use to feed pellets and is is used properly as intended by both rabbits and over a long period most evenings.

Otherwise favoured 'toys' include the hanging basket frames I use to try and protect the heart of my plants in the garden, it is very fun getting them unpegged and out of the way. Carboard in lots of interesting guises. Fleece blankets that can be reorganised and chewed. And flipflops. Especially the ones that have cost more than £15.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:22 am

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:The best money ever spent was on a dog treat ball which I use to feed pellets and is is used properly as intended by both rabbits and over a long period most evenings.
completely agree, treat balls are a great way to get your bunny interested in toys, once they crack those, the a whole new world opens up Smile

Thumps, have a look at these films we made for HM, you may need to encourage Thumper with food orientated toys initially, til he gets the hang of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrDKTEcIigM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za5kl5dnnFc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sk3XCzKJ1k

Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down