Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunny boarding?

5 posters

Go down

Bunny boarding? Empty Bunny boarding?

Post by kobikiki Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:28 pm

Just a quick question! I was just day dreaming, thinking of holiday as you do and thought 'going away would be okay as my lovely mum will be able to take care of the buns' and then realised that as I'm getting married next year, there will be no one available to look after them on the day, night or day after! What do you do in these situations? Would you recommend leaving them with a bunny boarding home? I have looked it up and there's seems to be quite a few people in my area that do this.

What have you done in the past? I'd hate to leave them with someone that didn't have bunny experience

Thanks xx
kobikiki
kobikiki
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Back to top Go down

Bunny boarding? Empty Re: Bunny boarding?

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:42 pm

I've left mine twice - one for a week and once for two weeks. I've use a local place that is owned by a vet nurse and they have been completely spoiled during their stay. You should visit anywhere you are considering using and make sure they can follow your regime for feeding, cleaning etc.

I knew my lady would probably be fine when I contacted her and she said I am here at these times every day. Drop in when you are passing and say hi and check us out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:51 pm

Mine are sorted Thumbs Up always go to Tuckerbunnies Very Happy

Safer with Maysie than they would be with my parents Laughing

I dont worry about them at all as they are defnately in safe hands Thumbs Up
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:13 am

Where do you live? I have 26 years of bunny experience maybe more now scratch

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by kobikiki Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:52 am

I live in Kent, might be a bit far? Sad
kobikiki
kobikiki
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:27 pm

There must be lots around you, they just take a bit of hunting for, I live all the way down in Cornwall and managed to find some!!! Some people have also said they've found some cattery's also have rabbit experience and so that could be an option. But also try asking your vets if they know of any bunny boarding places, you quite often find a lot of the vets or nurses have pat rabbits themselves and they may be able to offer looking after yours, and that way you know they are in safe hands!!!
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:42 pm

For a first time it's best to visit and check the facilities first, ensure that you are confident that your buns will be well treated, and that the boarder is adequately knowlegable, and has good veterinary support, if needed.

If you're at all uncomfortable about the place/person, then look elsewhere. With buns being so potentially volatile, you need to be able to relax when you're away, safe in the knowledge that they will be fine, come what may.

The bun needs to be taken into account, to, for example, I wouldn't board Stewie in the same place I boarded Bertie, because the hutches are not big enough. Bertie was quite happy sitting around all day, Stewie is a live wire, rarely sits still, and would go stir crazy in even a 6' hutch. He'd need at least 9' preferably with an attatched run and/or plenty of 'out' time.
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down