Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suddenly grumpy

3 posters

Go down

Suddenly grumpy Empty Suddenly grumpy

Post by Indie22 Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Just came on to pick your brains. About 2-3 weeks ago Jeff started to moult to his winter coat quite rapidly. Its almost through now but in the last 2 weeks he has been slightly more grumpy to the other rabbits, not me though. Today he is growling at the other buns if the come into the corner or bed where he is sitting more so than he ever had. Its definately a warning. I picked him up checked his bum...clean, checked his skin...no lumps/bumps/cuts etc and checked him for any signs of pain. He enjoyed a cuddle and kiss while wiggling his nose so I doubt he is sore cause if hes grumpy with me he lets me know. Any ideas or just time of year and the fact he is a wuss! Zack was grumpy and boxed taffie this morning but shes not the brightest and it may have been because jeff has been grumpy.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2010-03-08

http://www.eladonnsreptiles.com

Back to top Go down

Suddenly grumpy Empty Re: Suddenly grumpy

Post by woodwench Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Moulting can be a big thing! It takes it out of a lot of buns and especially if they go through a rapid moult.

Just give him space and sit it out. Maybe a check on his diet might be a good idea, especially if this was a really fast moult. Plenty of P & Q and TLC.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:46 pm

And my word has the moult been bad this year. Bruce's seems to be ever ongoing and Flo at risk of becoming a full rex instead of a rex X because on her lower back/bum she has lost all her long top coat having just a lovely soft conker coloured undercoat there at the mo. Bruce was certainly quite off colour during his early moult so it really seems to be having an impact this year. He has perked again now, but is still moulting.

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:33 am

Lil Loll's only just started his moult and he had no "mini" moult in the spring as he has had before. I'm wondering if the weather has had an effect on him.... maybe it's global warming! Laughing
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:26 am

Our Gertrude still had skirt and beard, cant seem to get rid of that bit, no matter how much I comb her she looks like a giant dog lol
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:25 pm

glad to hear it. I keep an eye on jeffs diet anyway. In reference to an old post of mine he gets aggitated and territorial on any foods with additives etc in them. Im glad hes not grumpy with me though Smile I think they are all slightly more grumpy. Anyone know a chhep place for a 3ft 2 tier hutch. I really need one for the group.....dont panic this is simply a bed are in their huge shed as its getting colder for the beds they have at the moment I need a small hutch they can cuddle up in but its never shut.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2010-03-08

http://www.eladonnsreptiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down