Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extension Part 1And Now Part 2

+12
Jay
Dotdot
Tuckerbunnies
Schneeball
Frog39
Josie
Vince the bunny
Velvet.Tears
KatieB
Catsknickers
marleyNfriends
fall3n-ang3l
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Extension Part 1And Now Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Extension Part 1And Now Part 2

Post by fall3n-ang3l Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:48 am

Vince the bunny wrote:Looks fab!!! Loving the double tunnels, might have to add some more to my network now! My kids love trying to guess where the bunnies are going to pop out from and who it'll be.

Extension Part 1And Now Part 2 - Page 2 811805

it was you that started me off Laughing

Frog39 wrote:Brilliant! Where did you get the tunnels? What happy rabbits you must have! Wave

i got them from "RunAround" the tunnels arnt a bad price,its the other stuff thats very expensive (i think) but i cant recomend them enough,very quick delivery
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Extension Part 1And Now Part 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Extension Part 1And Now Part 2

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:46 pm

[quote="fall3n-ang3l"]
Vince the bunny wrote:Looks fab!!! Loving the double tunnels, might have to add some more to my network now! My kids love trying to guess where the bunnies are going to pop out from and who it'll be.

it was you that started me off Extension Part 1And Now Part 2 - Page 2 811805

It's great bouncing ideas around isn't it! Pity we don't live next door to each other, we could REALLY be creative then!!!Extension Part 1And Now Part 2 - Page 2 811805
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:49 pm

We all need to live next door to each other and see how complicated you can make the tunnels and runs going through all the gardens thus getting the benefits of everyones' buns. ROFL

Would be difficult come vet time though Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:07 pm

[quote="Vince the bunny"]
fall3n-ang3l wrote:

it was you that started me off Extension Part 1And Now Part 2 - Page 2 811805

It's great bouncing ideas around isn't it! Pity we don't live next door to each other, we could REALLY be creative then!!!Extension Part 1And Now Part 2 - Page 2 811805

omg,how much fun would that be ROFL
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Brilliant Brilliant Set up. Blimmin Lucky Buns.

I hope they remembered to say thankyou! Laughing

I bet when you brought them home you had no idea that they were going to take over!

How are they both doing since their spay?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:53 pm

your right Katie,i didnt think they would take over like they have and iam sure if hubbie knew,he would have put a big fat NO on it lol

there doing brilliant,ive picked snowflake up a few times and she hasnt gone for me or grunted so maybe she is going to get better,i just worry now they have access to go on the garden that i wont be picking them up as much,spike will let me stroke her but snowflake will just sniff my hand and walk away,also they dont go on the grass much now,they have a run around and they will just go back in the cage and sleep,is this normal? and has it got something to do with it getting colder and darker at nights? i do block it off at nights so they cant go on the garden,also spike has started to nibble me when she gets excited,is it an affection thing or just a "back off lady" thing and sometimes when i stroke her,i go from her nose to her head and when i put my hand on her nose to stroke her,she lifts her head up really firm,is this a "stroke me firmer mom" or "stop it,i dont want to be stroked mom" wow so many questions lol i know you ladies are fab at bunny talk,i was going to post another thread on this,may still do yet lol

sarah
xx
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:05 pm

Sounds to me that the are behaving like bunnies are supposed to. Wild buns will pop out of the burrow morning and eve, have a good old feed and run around and then pop off to the burrow for an afternoon sleep. I think that you should be really proud of yourself that they are able to behave so naturally. Thumbs Up Its wonderful that they are free to make their own choices and have so much space.

Buns REALLY love nose rubs. Daisy will push his head into my hand as if to say - rub my nose rug my nose....dont worry about the rest of me, do the nose! I think she is telling you what she wants! How fabulous!

I dont think spike is telling you to back off with the nibbling, I think she is just communicating with you bless her.

So many buns just dont like to be picked up. Daisy lives in the house with us as you know - and picking him up is a nightmare. He is happy to be stroked but try and pick him up and he wont have it - so I dont think its an outdoor/indoor thing, its a bun thing! I think Snowflake is an independant woman!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:59 am

ok,thank you Katie,should i keep the tunnels open at night,i can keep the first run open as its secure and i can put a lock on it so it wont open or is it best to keep it blocked off?

i love it when spike pushes her head on my hand,think its so cute and i keep telling her no when she nibbles but she doesnt listen but thats spike all over Laughing
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:55 am

Jelous????? much lol
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharky87 Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:22 pm

I want that! :O
Gimmeeee!
What lucky buns.. Smile
Sharky87
Sharky87
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:05 pm

thank you ladies,iam very pleased with it,everyone who has seen it,loves it Very Happy
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Oh I love the extension no 2 as well, the double tunnels look great no wonder the buns love it Love Love

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:27 pm

Sorry only just seen your reply.

I think that you should block the tunnels off at night hun as they need to be safe at night from foxes etc. They have a fabulous hutch so it wont do them any harm to be shut in there at night or when you are not about.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:43 pm

ok,thank you Katie,i think the only danger is cats as our back garden is totally fenced off,its 6ft high (i dont think foxs can jump that much) but i do feel safer that there in the cage at night,so think i will block it off,specially now fireworks are starting to go off,they have been very spooked tonight over something
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:07 pm

What a fabulous set-up! I absolutely love the pipes connecting all the bits. we have neighbours who did something similar, although they fashioned tubes out of chickenwire for their buns to use to get from A to B.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:29 pm

You do know foxes dig? That is how they get into most chicken pens.

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:59 am

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:You do know foxes dig? That is how they get into most chicken pens.

i didnt know that
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:05 pm

Foxes can also jump very high, one cleared our fence in one jump and it's not a small fence.

I've copied your idea about the pen, my second run has a door on it so I have used my trixie run and dismantled it to make a funny shape around the garden (to avoid my plants lol), and then buns now enjoy regular grass time too. Shame I can't put a lid on it but I figured they can only go in it whilst I'm at home and if a fox did appear, they have two tunnels as bolt holes to run down back to the saftey of their hutch and main run. Just hope they are smart enough to do that.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:50 pm

wow he should do that for a living.
i reckon bunnys for miles would want to live there it's fantastic. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2