Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr Picky Pants and The Machine.

+7
KatieB
marleyNfriends
Tuckerbunnies
Josie
woodwench
Thumper2001
Dotdot
11 posters

Go down

Mr Picky Pants and The Machine. Empty Mr Picky Pants and The Machine.

Post by Dotdot Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:22 pm

Having two polar opposite, but very much in love, buns never stops entertaining me.
Jeeves is a laid back little boy and Tigger is very much into everything and anything the little madam. Start the lawnmower up? Tigger goes bonkers terrified of the sound whereas Jeeves will just go to sleep!

Recently Ive been trying to introduce some new veg and herbs. There has been:
Basil
Pak Choi
Raddish Tops
Asparagus

Tigger is a machine, she doesn't even smell what it is and it disappears so fast I don't think she even tastes it! Laughing
Jeeves however will sniff the offending item, which is followed by a really posh tiny tiny nibble and then turns his back on me before running off. As you may have guessed, he has refused all above items, and then when you give him something he does like he will sniff at it and eye you up as if to say 'is this really what you say it is?' before finally deciding to eat it. Also, if your hands smell of something he doesn't like whilst holding something he does, he will point blank refuse to eat it!

Those funny fluffs.

Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Mr Picky Pants and The Machine. Empty Re: Mr Picky Pants and The Machine.

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:49 pm

Laughing Bless them.

Thumper does the whole unsure sniff and delicate bite thing. It's so sweet, don't you think? Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:54 pm

I always think when he sits there an does it he should have a cup of tea and his little finger sticking out. It's so so cute Love
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:55 pm

Bruce does chins them in a 'i'll try it later' sort of way. So I offer it again and the chin gets a bit stronger 'i'm sure it's lovely but not now'. The Flo comes along and eats it, because of it is being offered by hand it must be good and then Bruce chases her because she has something he hasn't. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:07 pm

Lil Loll stares at everything and then at me with that look that says... "Is this the best you can do?"

I'm getting a complex.... I'm a very inadequate bun-mum.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:16 am

woodwench wrote:Lil Loll stares at everything and then at me with that look that says... "Is this the best you can do?"

I'm getting a complex.... I'm a very inadequate bun-mum.

Well i'm glad its not only me who gets that reaction ROFL

They get pellets in morning at about 7am then nothing until i give them their veg at about 6pm (they have their hay Very Happy )

As i approach the hutch Flospy does his usual routine mad dance about like he's getting something scrummy then when i put the veg in he sniffs it and looks at me as if to say "hmmm do you not know i'm waiting for a fenugreek crunchie not this rubbish" ROFL

Needless to say i find most of their veg tipped up, down the ramp and in their litter tray the next morning Shocked Shocked

Its as if to tell me its only worth peeing on Embarassed

I really do vary their veg intake they just dont seem to appreciate it Rolling Eyes
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:24 am

Thumper2001 wrote: Laughing Bless them.

Thumper does the whole unsure sniff and delicate bite thing. It's so sweet, don't you think? Smile

Oh I love it when bunnies sniff their food as if it is going to bite them and I love the way that some of our's gently pick off the cabbage to get to their favourite yummy bits and then there is a mess of cabbage on the floor after they have eaten everything in the dish and they sort of look at it as if to say 'Oh well I guess I'll have to eat this now' Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:43 am

awwww Love Laughing Tigger sounds like Dolly, and Jeeves sounds like Marley. Marley loves his broccoli. If they havent had it for a while, he gently pics it up and runs off to a corner where he seems to savour every lasy bit! Dolly on the other hand, I dont think she tastes her food either! I sometimes have to hold bits back for Marley just so he gets his fair share!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:58 am

Daisy is well and truly in the " just leave the dish there woman and I'll inspect it in due course" camp. Food just doesn't float his boat and everything is looked at as if it was something offensive. Even bunny treats are declined.

The only thing he goes crazy for is plantain.

I love how different they are - little monkeys!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:39 am

all mine hate asparagus with vengence, all 9 can you belive it? but they eat everything else, gone with a blink of a eye. Jaspr thumper rose poppy and roman runs up on a morning when they hear the crinkle of the tub but star n gertrude just wait till everyones left and take the left overs which isnt usualy much Rolling Eyes
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:42 am

I tried mine with courgette as it is on the rwaf list. It was thoroughly rejected.

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:56 am

Tigger sounds just like Thistle! Will just eat anything in their path...Luna is much more reserved about it Razz
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:06 pm

Lil Loll's just spaghetti eating a LLLLLOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG piece of hay. Love the way his mouth moves as he draws it in. Hmmm Sometimes he's so cute.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:43 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:awwww Love Laughing Tigger sounds like Dolly, and Jeeves sounds like Marley. Marley loves his broccoli. If they havent had it for a while, he gently pics it up and runs off to a corner where he seems to savour every lasy bit! Dolly on the other hand, I dont think she tastes her food either! I sometimes have to hold bits back for Marley just so he gets his fair share!

It's like you're actually talking about my buns! That's how similar they are and you sound like me haha.
Like Marley Jeeves runs off to a corner to demolish his food, quite often carrots they're his favourites but he doesn't get much very often.
I have to sit and supervise tea time because Tigger will steal Jeeves' food. She eats twice as fast as him and will then proceed to eat his share so I make sure he gets his share and so she doesn't get an upset tummy from far too much veg. She even gets to the point where she steals it out of his mouth Rolling Eyes

LilyGrace wrote:Tigger sounds just like Thistle! Will just eat anything in their path...Luna is much more reserved about it Razz
I think if given the chance she would eat something she isn't supposed to, if it's there she would eat it. A bird dropped some sort of seed or stone in the run not long ago and she ran straight to it and picked it up before I could get there. She couldn't chew it, spat it out and before I could get there again gave it another go. She gave up eventually and I grabbed it, so now that's why the run is thoroughly looked through!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:23 pm

when i first introduce a new food to Buttons i get the rejection/uncertainty look, but turn round 5 mins later and it's gone! when i get his veggies and herbs out (he now knows at 10pm when the fridge opens it means veggies!!!) he runs along with me to his cage and often trips me up like a cat!!! Laughing
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Joey normally inspects new foods with great caution, and by the look on his face imagines you are trying to poison him Laughing

Our bridge bun Barney used to just rip any food out your hand - cereal bars, snack-a-jacks, apples...and he ate cake crumbs off the floor (before I could clear them up he was there) a few times No

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down