Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlie is booked in for opp tomorow

+5
Thumper2001
Josie
jolovesbunnies
NickieM
dizzylynn
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Charlie is booked in for opp tomorow Empty Charlie is booked in for opp tomorow

Post by dizzylynn Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:48 pm

Well charlie went to see vet today, he's healthy and beautifull natured says the vet and booked in for tomorow. I was praised for way I hold him and handle him, which felt good to hear. Also the vet that was in today is nicer than the usual vet, he didnt charge because it was a pre opp check up, so no charge for the full exam. Also told me not to worry about the elastic band, he felt his tummy no swelling and no pain when he had a good feel he's also pood since then he said he wouldnt have pood today at all if it was stuck.
Right now he is lying on the sofa beside me, I am not going back out in that rain for at least an hour lol.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Charlie is booked in for opp tomorow Empty Re: Charlie is booked in for opp tomorow

Post by NickieM Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:36 pm

So glad to hear he is well about chewing the elastic. What a norty bun. Hope he has learnt his lesson. Doing norty things results in a trip to the vet! Laughing Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Charlie is booked in for opp tomorow Empty Re: Charlie is booked in for opp tomorow

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:41 pm

What a relief love, I bet you felt euphoric when the vet said he was OK. They are their own worst enemy at times, aren;t they but we love them to bits?

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:47 pm

It lifted a huge weight of my shoulders, my friend kept telling me to relax not to worry, but I couldnt but he said today all fine and well healthy wee boy. The car trip stressed him a bit so he sat on my seat for a good 20 mins leaning against me. He's back out in his hut the now, just watchign the weather. Eating my dinner tho, cant eat it when he is here he tries to steal off my plate. Im the only one he does it with, must be his mummy
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:38 pm

Am so relieved to hear that Very Happy

Hopefully Charlie wont eat anymore elastic bands Rolling Eyes

Buns who'd have them Laughing
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Is he going in for an operation because of the elastic band? Or is it for something else?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:47 pm

Just wondering??? if its not stuck he may just poop it out? yeah? no??

Glad hes ok though and you got a nice vet, Ive had some horrible vets at times x
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:49 pm

Glad Charlie is ok that's good Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:23 pm

glad charlie is okay - what is his operation for? Is it for the elastic band??
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:01 pm

Katieb wrote:glad charlie is okay - what is his operation for? Is it for the elastic band??

No he's going to get his manhood removed Smile, vet isnt worried about the band, he gave him a good examination had a good feel of his tummy, he has poo'd plenty since then so says its probs broke down and passed already or braking down. He says he deffo old enough to have the opp and will make help keep his beautifull nature.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:00 pm

How has he got on lovey, please give him hug from his Auntie Jo?

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:08 pm

Expecting a call to let me know how he is doing, said they would call at 1, its 5 past WAITING. Was wondering if I should keep him inside the rest of the day incase he falls off his level. His house is clean ready for him, just had to try and dry it out a bit added lino tiles round his pee area and up the wall half a tile, round front door, left a uncovered but at base of ramp so its not to slippy for him.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:09 pm

Hope he is okay hun - thinking of you both x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:17 pm

haha thought it was for the band Embarassed
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Do you think it would be best to keep him in the house the rest of the day, my only worry is the dogs trying to play with him. Not excactly quiet in here lol
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:25 pm

I just called the vet, got fed up waiting, he is doing fine, to pick him up about half 3, they said ive to keep him in doors tonight, so need to figure out what to use, the plastic cage is right at back of shed lost the bottle holder, I have a cat carrier so was going to use that, just not sure about through the night its to small for him to spend the hole night in.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:29 pm

He needs to be kept in a smallish space where he can rest up but the cat carrier will be far too small I would think.

Are you able to bring his cage indoors at all - perhaps pop it where its quiet, away from the dogs so he can rest up. he will be feeling groggy.

the thing to do is to make sure that he is pooing and eating, that he doesnt pick at his wounds and is getting some rest.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:47 pm

Katieb wrote:He needs to be kept in a smallish space where he can rest up but the cat carrier will be far too small I would think.

Are you able to bring his cage indoors at all - perhaps pop it where its quiet, away from the dogs so he can rest up. he will be feeling groggy.

the thing to do is to make sure that he is pooing and eating, that he doesnt pick at his wounds and is getting some rest.

Yeah I agree cat carrier even tho its a big one he could stretch right out in it but he cant find a place to do his loo, so going to borrow Bonnies dog crate for the night, she can sleep with us, its just right size for him to have a soft bed, the corner litter tray and hopefully room for him to move about, he will be in the livingroom with us, the blue cage bangs when you try to lock it closed always gave him a fright plus its to long to sit in middle of floor or in corner. plus it was hard to get him in and out without him jumping out your arms, it is fairly low he can just sit in it and no more, he has grown a little bit too so probs hit his ears off the top now.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:48 pm

I was looking for a fire gaurd to make a area but no one has one I can borrow and argos has none instock.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:49 pm

i kept mine inside for 5 days after there op,glad hes doing fine
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:50 pm

what about a cheap run? if you can find one
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Dog crate sounds like great idea
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Katieb wrote:Dog crate sounds like great idea

Was trying to find a fire gaurd instock to add to the front of the dog crate so he has wee bit more room, but none, so the crate will have to do just cleaning it the now, use old towels (clean) for his bed and the litter tray which is wee bit big for it, but will keep him in beside us if he wants out to move about when house is quiet will let him out. How many days do you recommend.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Thats charlie home, vet asked me to keep him in till his stitches are healed, he not gonna like being stuck in the crate, he can get out it in a few days but for now hes better in there case he jumps up on sofa,
Charlie is booked in for opp tomorow 317056_10150279372911750_567136749_8171993_867681605_n

Bonnie is not impressed that we have stole her crate lol.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:42 pm

The vet also says for his age his man hood was HUGEEEEEE so thinks he is older than 5 months or is going to be a big boy lol.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum