Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Runny Tummy

2 posters

Go down

Runny Tummy Empty Runny Tummy

Post by racheld69 Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:15 pm

My friend's rabbit who is 1 yr old cannot eat veg, grass, treats, change food etc without getting a runny tummy. I said I know some people who would have some ideas! She lives in a shed with her friend but they cannot go out in their run on the lawn coz of it....
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Runny Tummy Empty Re: Runny Tummy

Post by NickieM Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Oh what a dreadful shame. I suppose she must eat loads of hay and pellets so that is good. Could they not put her in a run on concrete so she has no grass to eat or cover underneath with a sheet of plywood then put the run on top pegged down. Does seem such a shame.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:58 pm

How long since last time they tried the bun on grass and different food. At 1 year his digestive system should be calming down. They could try very slowly adding in a little at a time. Selective are doing a vetcare plus food for digestive health which might be an idea to help out. Also herbs such as fennel, dill, mint, and chamomile are often though to have a calming effect on the digestive system so may well be a good place to start with veg feeding.

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:04 pm

Thanks - i have passed on your ideas to Caroline. I think it is a while since she put them out. She put them out for a bit yesterday....
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: