Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At the Vets Thursday/Good & Bad news :-(

+9
kobikiki
marleyNfriends
Josie
Thumper2001
Dotdot
KatieB
NickieM
Jay
Tuckerbunnies
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

At the Vets Thursday/Good & Bad news :-( Empty At the Vets Thursday/Good & Bad news :-(

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:15 am

With Sox and Henry for dental check-up's, and Jess for a check up,
and 'Lucy Rose' for a check up.
Hoping they will all be ok, especially Lucy .

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

At the Vets Thursday/Good & Bad news :-( Empty Re: At the Vets Thursday/Good & Bad news :-(

Post by Jay Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:56 am

Lots of positive vet vibes!
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

At the Vets Thursday/Good & Bad news :-( Empty Re: At the Vets Thursday/Good & Bad news :-(

Post by NickieM Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:00 am

Hoping everything goes well. Lucy looks happy so hopefully, she is pretty healthy, if underweight. Sending vibes to you. xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:02 am

Hope they all get a clean bill of health!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:20 am

I do hope that Lucy is ok despite everything she had been through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:42 am

Vibes for today Smile Hope they are all ship shape and in good working order!

I'd love to see you walk into the vets with that lot, when I walk in with just two people give me funny looks as if to say 'why on earth are you bringing rabbits to the vets?!'

Let us know how they get on love.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

At the Vets Thursday/Good & Bad news :-( Empty Update good & bad news.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:02 pm

Sox and Henry don't need a dental and are due another dental in 6 months time.

Jess is ok and nice and healthy.

Sadly 'Lucy Rose' has muscle wastage in 4 legs which we have to build up slowly, obviously she has not been out of her hutch much to get like
this and she has a suspected tumour and they are operating on her next Thursday to remove it and spay her at the sime time Crying or Very sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:12 pm

I guess the muscle wastage was obvious and we knew the extent of her confinement, but a tumor - poor girly. Is it a ladies tumor? Here's hoping the operation will be successful and she can have a nice life ahead of her.

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Oh Im so sorry to hear Lucy-rose is poorly. I hope they can remove the tumour safely and she will bounce back.

Its absolutely brakes my heart to think that she will be poorly now that she has finally found happiness. Im so glad you both have her and have a good chance of fixing her up.

Is the muscle wastage something that can be reversed with space and excersize?

Glad the others are all okay, that must be a releif for you.

Please pass on cuddles to all from their auntie Katie x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:30 pm

Katieb wrote:Oh Im so sorry to hear Lucy-rose is poorly. I hope they can remove the tumour safely and she will bounce back.

Its absolutely brakes my heart to think that she will be poorly now that she has finally found happiness. Im so glad you both have her and have a good chance of fixing her up.

Is the muscle wastage something that can be reversed with space and excersize?

Glad the others are all okay, that must be a releif for you.

Please pass on cuddles to all from their auntie Katie x

The muscle wastage can be sorted with time and she is out everyday in a play pen you sort of have to build it up slowly like there's no way she could free range in the garden as that is too much space at the moment, she does walk slightly odd and that's why, but I have noticed already she is walking better, but I am deeply sad that she has a suspected tumour though I did have my suspicions that something was not quite right I was just hoping that I was wrong Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:33 pm

Where is the tumour Maysie?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:42 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Where is the tumour Maysie?

In her abdomen, the vet said it's an abnormal mass but not a big mass and we will know more when they have opened her up I guess, she was also very tender in that area Sad
We were going to leave Lucy Rose for a couple of weeks before we got her spayed just to settle in but of course this has changed everything.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:47 pm

Well fingers crossed that is both easily removed and benign. Poor girl she is going through so much.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Oh poor wee girl. What a pity, but at least now she will get the medical treatment that she needed. She certainly wouldn't have got it in her old home. Sending lots of vibes for her. xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:53 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Well fingers crossed that is both easily removed and benign. Poor girl she is going through so much.

Thank you, we are both so hoping it's benign.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:45 pm

Poor little girl Sad still, she's in a better place than she was. Just think, if she was still there she would be sat there with this muscle wasteage and tumour and nobody would know any better.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:25 pm

Oh no, poor Lucy Rose Sad This is so sad that now she has happiness she is unwell.

She is in the very best hands with you guys. And like others have said before me, she wouldn't have got the care she needs where she was before. We are wishing her well and hoping for a positive outcome.

Hugs for you and Mike

Glad to hear all the others are healthy.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:31 pm

What a day Maysie Crying or Very sad

I couldn't believe it when you let me know earlier about poor Lucy Rose Crying or Very sad I just hope her chances are good as its only a small tumour, keeping everything crossed for her and you & Mike Hugs

Glad to hear Jess is doing well Very Happy

Happy to hear Sox & Henry dont need a dental either Very Happy

Take care
Hugs Hugs Hugs
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:21 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:Sox and Henry don't need a dental and are due another dental in 6 months time.

Jess is ok and nice and healthy.

Sadly 'Lucy Rose' has muscle wastage in 4 legs which we have to build up slowly, obviously she has not been out of her hutch much to get like
this and she has a suspected tumour and they are operating on her next Thursday to remove it and spay her at the sime time Crying or Very sad

Oh No Sad Poor Lucy Rose. I was hoping to God everything would be ok and go smoothly for her. Sending lots of vibes, I really hope theres a good outcome and that they can remove the tumour successfully.

One of the kids came to the door tonight asking about her, I made mum speak to them, because Id have lost it. After reading this, im seriously considering writing a letter to the grandmother. She may realise a rabbit isnt "just a rabbit". Poor girl Crying or Very sad I was thinking about her tonight too, would have phoned but it got late by the time id finished everything. I may give you a call at the end of next week. xxx
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kobikiki Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:38 pm

I'm sorry to hear about Lucy Rose Sad I've just caught up on her story and I'm so happy that she is now in good hands, and the previous owners, well, they should try being locked in a cage day and night with no space to move about in and see how they like it!

Praying it is benign and that the operation goes well next week, I have everything crossed for you. She's such a beauty x
kobikiki
kobikiki
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:12 am

kobikiki wrote:I'm sorry to hear about Lucy Rose Sad I've just caught up on her story and I'm so happy that she is now in good hands, and the previous owners, well, they should try being locked in a cage day and night with no space to move about in and see how they like it!

Praying it is benign and that the operation goes well next week, I have everything crossed for you. She's such a beauty x

Thank You
xx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:02 am

Oh no I haven't been online for a couple of days and to see this has made me so sad!! I hope poor lucy Rose will be ok and sending lots of vibes for her and you!! I defiantly think her old owners should be locked in a cage and see how they like it! Poor girly!! I hope her muscles come back soon! Hugs

Glad to hear the others are ok though! Smile
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:20 pm

Poor little girl.Sending vibes for her and hoping everything will be ok Hugs

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:56 pm

I have been following Lucy-Roses' story, just not had time to comment yet. I hope everything turns out okay, she is a very pretty girl and deserves all the love she can get..which will be lots at yours I know it! Fingers crossed the op goes well and the tumours not a nasty one xxxx
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:38 pm

Lots of love on its way dear.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next