Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where to buy rabbit/ guinea pig toys...??

+5
Becki
Yodaphine
Jay
Thumper2001
Kate7590
9 posters

Go down

where to buy rabbit/ guinea pig toys...?? Empty where to buy rabbit/ guinea pig toys...??

Post by Kate7590 Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:16 am

Where is a good place to buy rabbit and piggy toys and treats?

Im collecting my piggies on saturday, already have the hutch, secioned off a bit of garden and they have a little pipe to hide in.

I want to buy a few toys maybe offline to put in their garden for them to play with, but not sure where to look?

Im looking at zooplus and pets at home...these are the only places I know of...Any help?

Thanks in advance guys!!
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

where to buy rabbit/ guinea pig toys...?? Empty Re: where to buy rabbit/ guinea pig toys...??

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:00 pm

eBay have loads Smile

I've bought a lot of bunny toys from eBay shops, so they are new and not used Very Happy

A lot of people are put off eBay by the idea of bidding but I never bid for things, 'buy it now' all the way Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

where to buy rabbit/ guinea pig toys...?? Empty Re: where to buy rabbit/ guinea pig toys...??

Post by Jay Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:11 pm

I don't bother with bought toys, I just make them, and TBH, the odd few things I have bought over the years are usually not played with, with the exception of treat balls (plastic and metal), which I would recommend wholeheartedly Smile

Not sure if you've seen the videos on enrichment and home made toys in Hopping mad, but they're really good Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate7590 Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Jay wrote:I don't bother with bought toys, I just make them, and TBH, the odd few things I have bought over the years are usually not played with, with the exception of treat balls (plastic and metal), which I would recommend wholeheartedly Smile

Not sure if you've seen the videos on enrichment and home made toys in Hopping mad, but they're really good Smile

Thanks Jay, but alot of the 'home-made' toys are cardboard arent they?
My rabbits and piggies live outside and have their own gardens, which is where the toys are/ will be. so cardboard toys would just get ruined everytime it rains so wouldnt be any good to us really..thanks anyway though Smile
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate7590 Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:eBay have loads Smile

I've bought a lot of bunny toys from eBay shops, so they are new and not used Very Happy

A lot of people are put off eBay by the idea of bidding but I never bid for things, 'buy it now' all the way Laughing

Thanks for that, i never thought of ebay lol!
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Ah, sorry, that makes sense, but I'd still get them treat balls Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Yodaphine Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Amazon have quite a few bits believe it or not...I discovered this by sheer fluke Laughing

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:00 pm

Piggies love tunnels but I have none of mine over the years have ever really shown any interest in toys. Simple platforms made with a couple of house bricks and a plank on top go down well as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:59 pm

If you Google The Hay Experts or Bunny Mail, I use them both regularly & they're great. Its a bit hit & miss with what to buy, a bit of a process of elimination - but tunnels & chubes always go down well! And the obvious, willow balls!
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:02 pm

Ooh & the baskets from BunnyMail, they go mad for!
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:05 pm

The baskets are so cheap Becki! Thankyou!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:06 pm

Dotdot wrote:The baskets are so cheap Becki! Thankyou!

Its a good job as they don't last an hour Laughing
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:07 pm

I know Laughing
I've been looking round for ones before but they've always been incredibly expensive so I've never bothered.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:26 pm

equinecaninefeline is a good one i use that one quite a bit, although more for my hammies but there is a lot of good bun stuff on there. I also use the hay experts, great for toys and natural treats. My bun also gets carpet scraps to dig on, although i don't know that they would fair well outisde lol
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate7590 Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:50 am

Becki wrote:If you Google The Hay Experts or Bunny Mail, I use them both regularly & they're great. Its a bit hit & miss with what to buy, a bit of a process of elimination - but tunnels & chubes always go down well! And the obvious, willow balls!

Thanks, Becki, im looking at the hay experts now and love it! think my credit card is coming out lol
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Had a flick through after recommending & am now forty two pounds lighter. Having one bun would be so much cheaper, my conscience makes me buy two of everything! Laughing
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by And Clover makes 4 Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Asda to cat tunnels for under £3, they're really good but I'm not sure if I'd leave them to play in them unsupervised. My bunnies don't really play with toys, they prefer boxes, kitchen roll tubes, paper and playing in forts we build them lol. Kitchen roll tubes stuffed with a few treats and hay are great for them at night and should be ok in a cage outside
And Clover makes 4
And Clover makes 4
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-09-20

https://www.facebook.com\JulieGillies85

Back to top Go down

Post by And Clover makes 4 Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:38 pm

What about a sand box filled with soil? They love to dig and you could hide treats in it too
And Clover makes 4
And Clover makes 4
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-09-20

https://www.facebook.com\JulieGillies85

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:20 pm

And Clover makes 4 wrote:Asda to cat tunnels for under £3, they're really good but I'm not sure if I'd leave them to play in them unsupervised. My bunnies don't really play with toys, they prefer boxes, kitchen roll tubes, paper and playing in forts we build them lol. Kitchen roll tubes stuffed with a few treats and hay are great for them at night and should be ok in a cage outside
Home made toys rule!! I do understand that they have limitations outside with our crumby climate though. Will look out for the cat tunnels, thanks Thumbs Up
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:33 pm

I got the wee mini weights (dumbells) charlie loves throwing them at hubby lol, he has the hanging cage you stuff with hay. I have loads of kitchen roll tubes stuffed with hey and a old show box filled with hay, he rolls about in that, toses the tubes about, you dont need expensive toys just the right kind.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:40 pm

They're a bit like kids... more entertained by a cardboard box Laughing
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:56 pm

I would like to find hollowed out trees and make an adventure play park in his run once hubby makes it, but no clue where to find any.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down