Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Im a happy hoomin, but would like some advice.

2 posters

Go down

Im a happy hoomin, but would like some advice. Empty Im a happy hoomin, but would like some advice.

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:39 am

...because Dolly shared Skyes breakfast this morning without chasing little Skye away Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Im extending from 3x4 to 4x4 today, which is the biggest I can get the pen without totally removing it. So hopefully this time next week, they will get the whole playhouse back, then in a couple of weeks I can section off the run and start giving them restricted access Very Happy

I still havent given them their litter tray back since taking it off them. Im not sure how to go about re introducing it scratch I was thinking about gradually sweeping all the hay back (over the course of a week) into the corner where the litter tray would normally go, then giving them 2 underbed storage boxes side by side. What do you think? Im hoping to do this before i give them access to the other levels.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Im a happy hoomin, but would like some advice. Empty Re: Im a happy hoomin, but would like some advice.

Post by Becki Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:53 am

Aww I must have missed reading about bonding problems (I'm guessing!). Personally I wouldn't make the pen bigger for another week or so. Its probably a pain but the more gradually you do it, the less chance there is of it going bottoms up. Also I'd put the two litter trays in at seperate ends of the pen & see how that goes. If you put them together there is still only one 'area' to be guard, if that makes sense.

Sounds great though Wave
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Im a happy hoomin, but would like some advice. Empty Re: Im a happy hoomin, but would like some advice.

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:33 am

Becki wrote:Aww I must have missed reading about bonding problems (I'm guessing!). Personally I wouldn't make the pen bigger for another week or so. Its probably a pain but the more gradually you do it, the less chance there is of it going bottoms up. Also I'd put the two litter trays in at seperate ends of the pen & see how that goes. If you put them together there is still only one 'area' to be guard, if that makes sense.

Sounds great though Wave

No, I havent really been having problems, Dollys just a cow bag at times, but always has been a funny one. Difference now is that Skye wont stick up for herself, which is probably a good thing or all hell would break loose! Marley tends to act as mediator and sorts things out though. Dolly is just being very protective of food, thats all. I havent extended for 8 days, so im sure it will be fine to extend it today. Extra space hasnt caused problems for them, it was the litter tray that was the issue before, and when i go to feed them, they fight (not literally) for my attention. Once the food has been scattered around and theyve all found a spot to sit and munch, theyre fine.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down