Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New home in an hour!

+7
marleyNfriends
Jodie
Josie
JoeyBunsMum
Tuckerbunnies
joe3125
lizzi_b
11 posters

Go down

New home in an hour! Empty New home in an hour!

Post by lizzi_b Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:38 pm

Ok so I'm slightly embarrassed to admit this is what buttons has been living in since I got him:
New home in an hour! 203983ec

But this is what we built for him tonight in just an hour!!
New home in an hour! 367526e4

Much better I think, and I think buttons agrees... Bouncer Buttons guarding his new home!
New home in an hour! C5dd3a59
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

New home in an hour! Empty Re: New home in an hour!

Post by joe3125 Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:15 pm

Nice job.
joe3125
joe3125
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:41 am

thanks! need to find a better way of securing the door shut though, as he managed to break free in the night and ran havoc round the flat!! The noise woke me up at 5am!! Sad still need to get some flooring though as he shredded my spare towel that was on the floor!! Rolling Eyes
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:43 pm

That's great I bet Buttons loves it Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:26 pm

Bouncer Buttons Laughing He looks impressed Very Happy

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Josie Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:39 pm

Lucky Buttons Very Happy

Am laughing at the fact he is a houdini bunny already Laughing Laughing
Josie
Josie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1574
Registration date : 2011-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodie Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:25 pm

I gave up with those squares - they drove me mad!

I just bought a big wooden run for the lounge room (may as well, there's no denying the rabbit lives here when people walk into our house!).

I bought proper flooring - lino, and colour matched it to the carpet. Perfect! I pop towels down for a couple of soft spots for the king to stretch his legs, but aside from that it's easy to clean lino! I got it sized so the edges are just outside of the run a little, so he can't chew it. It's been perfect, and no slipping. Smile
Jodie
Jodie
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2011-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:49 pm

yea i bought some lino flooring yesturday for him, and put it down, with some towels on top, and thankfully no escaping lastnight!! Laughing I think the 1st night he was maybe a bit over excited and hyper! Because he was having a whale of a time investigating everything while the furniture was moved around during us building it!!

I'm tempted to put a little shelf in above his litter tray, for another place for him to go, but not that sure if he will actually use it?! scratch
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:58 pm

lizzi_blackwell3 wrote:yea i bought some lino flooring yesturday for him, and put it down, with some towels on top, and thankfully no escaping lastnight!! Laughing I think the 1st night he was maybe a bit over excited and hyper! Because he was having a whale of a time investigating everything while the furniture was moved around during us building it!!

I'm tempted to put a little shelf in above his litter tray, for another place for him to go, but not that sure if he will actually use it?! scratch

Im sure he will use it, I made a shelf for Skye when she had a cage similar to this. She used to binky round the cage then up on the shelf, then off the shelf and just do laps!! Laughing
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:04 pm

Ha awesome!! OK i might give it a go, what did you make your shelf out of? I remember coming accross your youtube video once of skye's cage, and thinking it was awesome, tried to find it again at the weekend though and couldnt find it anywhere?! scratch
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:14 pm

such a cute pic
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:08 pm

Awww he looks very impressed. Hope he stayed in there last night!!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagila Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:24 pm

what are those square things called? I had them as a kid to store all my arts and crafts stuff and I was googling them like crazy ever since we got Garrus, but I have no idea what they're called Sad
Nagila
Nagila
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:00 pm

Its brilliant i bet he loves it! I love the pic of him proudly sitting outside his new des res!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:52 am

lizzi_blackwell3 wrote:Ha awesome!! OK i might give it a go, what did you make your shelf out of? I remember coming accross your youtube video once of skye's cage, and thinking it was awesome, tried to find it again at the weekend though and couldnt find it anywhere?! scratch

Oh, im sorry I deleted all of my old videos! I just made it with C&C/storage grids and cable ties. You need lots of cable ties though and depending how wide it is, something to support the underneath. I just bent one of the grids and used that to support the bottom. I put carpet samples on the top to stop her falling through the holes. Ill see if i can find a picture...

ETA: I would take some pictures of the shelf without the carpets, but ive taken it all down now that theyre bonded. They just have a little area set up for indoor free ranging.

I also removed the ramp as she had sore hocks and i wasnt sure if the ramp and carpet tiles were contributing. I just covered the remaining tiles with soft fleece.
New home in an hour! GEDC0993

New home in an hour! GEDC0992
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Nagila Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:36 am

the carpet samples is a very good idea Thumbs Up

By the way I have the exact same run as in the last pictures for Zhi Smile
Nagila
Nagila
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:11 pm

Nagila wrote:the carpet samples is a very good idea Thumbs Up

By the way I have the exact same run as in the last pictures for Zhi Smile

The same as the one in my pictures?

I got mine of Ebay. It doesnt naturally go in a square shape, i have to cable tie it. Its 3ft high as opposed to the usual 2ft high though and has 10 panels instead of 8, but i only used 8 for this cage. I dont tend to use it as an outdoor run very often though as its too nice.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:49 am

icedancer wrote:Awww he looks very impressed. Hope he stayed in there last night!!

He has been good every night now, no more breaking free!! I think he was just a little it over excited/confused by his new cage on the 1st night!! I also think getting some vinyl flooring helped, as he can't get as much traction to push the door open!! Laughing

Nagila wrote:what are those square things called? I had them as a kid to store all my arts and crafts stuff and I was googling them like crazy ever since we got Garrus, but I have no idea what they're called Sad

In America they are called C&C grids, but i couldn't find them in the UK under that name (but they might be that in your country) If not google wire mesh cubes! I got mine of Amazon by just typing in wire mesh cubes, they are usually for building shelving/shoe racks, so that is usually what will come up in the pictures, but they are the same stuff! I think they are brilliant, they are so quick to build with, and easy to change and move!! i highly recommend them!! Thumbs Up

marleyNfriends wrote:
lizzi_blackwell3 wrote:Ha awesome!! OK i might give it a go, what did you make your shelf out of? I remember coming accross your youtube video once of skye's cage, and thinking it was awesome, tried to find it again at the weekend though and couldnt find it anywhere?! scratch

Oh, im sorry I deleted all of my old videos! I just made it with C&C/storage grids and cable ties. You need lots of cable ties though and depending how wide it is, something to support the underneath. I just bent one of the grids and used that to support the bottom. I put carpet samples on the top to stop her falling through the holes. Ill see if i can find a picture...

ETA: I would take some pictures of the shelf without the carpets, but ive taken it all down now that theyre bonded. They just have a little area set up for indoor free ranging.

I also removed the ramp as she had sore hocks and i wasnt sure if the ramp and carpet tiles were contributing. I just covered the remaining tiles with soft fleece.

Ahh, that'll be why i couldn't find it!! glad i wasn't just being stupid!! Laughing I will try making a shelf, the cage isn't very wide so hopefully shouldn't need a support! I was tempted to ask the joinery guys at work to make me a self from some wood, but need to figure out how to attach it!! scratch I have loads of carpet left over from when we had ours fitted so thats a good idea! how does carpet cause sore hocks though? buttons doesn't seem to have any problems running around our flat (which is entirely carpet) or was it the action of going up and down the ramp that did it? i don't think i will bother with a ramp either, because now buttons has explored the whole flat at floor level, he is now tending to explore upwards!! Laughing
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down