Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desperate times

4 posters

Go down

Desperate times Empty Desperate times

Post by 4390evans Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:50 pm

Ive got no grass left and where the buns has munched to the soil its turned yellow for some reason, there is the odd nettles at the very bottom but I think they are determined to leave them till they are on the last legs with grass, so I cant even pull any up for the boys who are in the hutches/houses. So Ive had to go out the back where there is loads and loads me and the bairn has just been out with our granny bag and collected loads with plenty of stings to our poor hands as its pitch black cos there is no roads and all the back of the houses go onto the green.
Ive gave it all to the boys after they have had their veg and they are tucking in now.

Im glad no one seen me, I know its a village and there is always one crazy lady. I just dont want it to be me Laughing
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Desperate times Empty Re: Desperate times

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:40 pm

ROFL
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:44 pm

I once walked home at lunchtime with a huge bunch of dandelions. I was walking along the road and suddenly realised that everyone in cars were looking at me as if I was mad! Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:06 pm

I go foraging a lot. Grass, dandi's, blackberry leaves........
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:47 pm

My neighbours think I am mad - i go out the front of the house and harvest the herbs from the herb patch, then the dandelions that grow in the gravel around the patch, the nasturtium leaves. All go in ziplock bags. Then if rain is forecast I pick the blooms off the roses for drying and cut off any straggly bits. They don't know I am going to put cabbages in the front border between the roses for the winter yet. I think flowering bedding is highly over-rated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum