Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction of cat and dog!! (mitzy and alfie)

3 posters

Go down

Introduction of cat and dog!! (mitzy and alfie) Empty Introduction of cat and dog!! (mitzy and alfie)

Post by emma.b_90 Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:03 pm

I introduced my cat (mitzy) and dog (alfie) this afternoon...i was just gonna introduce alfie (do it 1 at a time) but mitzy snuck in too! Crafty she is. And suprisingly it all went well. My mitzy and alfie just laid there like a good boy and girl and magnum went and had a sniff, mitzy seemed a little tense at this but did nothing and alfie took it in his stride and gave him a great big sloppy lick!! And magnum...well i think he loved having other fury friends...He loves mitzy!! Followed her when she got up to leave Laughing
emma.b_90
emma.b_90
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Introduction of cat and dog!! (mitzy and alfie) Empty Re: Introduction of cat and dog!! (mitzy and alfie)

Post by lizzi_b Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:21 pm

aww bless thats so sweet!! Sounds like a dream greeting!!!

When i introduced my old rabbit to my cat, it was a nightmare and the cat went chasing after the rabbit, fur everywhere and if i hadn't jumped in i think the rabbit would have been dead before long!!
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Introduction of cat and dog!! (mitzy and alfie) Empty Re: Introduction of cat and dog!! (mitzy and alfie)

Post by emma.b_90 Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:49 pm

Laughing aww bless your bunny....I think its just instinct for cats to do that. My cat stalks the bunny when in the cage or if i have the cage door open to stroke him but she doesnt bother when hes out the cage....weird. Still they may be getting along at the min but dont think i'll be leaving them unsupervised for a very long time!!!

How do your cat and bunny get along now??
emma.b_90
emma.b_90
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:54 pm

yea i wouldn't leave them alone just yet! like you say it's a cats instinct!! The cat and rabbit were when i was younger back home! I never let them near each other again though!! now its just me my BF and Buttons!!! Very Happy
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:24 am

Aw glad it all went well, The other day when I had to call the doctor out (she is a massive dog lover) I had to chase the dog out side and the girls were out (there's 10 of them) and you can see all the way through to the bottom of the garden so you can watch them play. Anyways I had to chase the dog out as he gets to excited and the doc sorta shouted/yelled jesus is the dog not gonna attack them, me laying on the sofa in agony with my back was like nahhh he's soft as poop lol. Im so lucky to have a rescue dog who is so well manered. He doesnt like them but would never hurt them. Same with a staff I had before she passed she loved my hamsters she would walk behind them licking them, they used to get so fed up they would crawl back in the cage for peace lol x
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by emma.b_90 Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:13 am

Laughing aww bless your dog. I think my dog will be like that, he loves to lick. He grooms the cat and almost engulfs her head with his huge tongue!!!
emma.b_90
emma.b_90
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down