Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAO Jay - maybe a HM health question

Go down

FAO Jay - maybe a HM health question Empty FAO Jay - maybe a HM health question

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:51 pm

My vet and I had a conversation today about looking after Bruce in his older age. She suggested putting him on pet food with glucosamine in it. I know he does not like the Burgess one and the vetpet one would be a significant step down in terms of fibre content to what he is used to. So I have spent the evening trying to look up the options of giving it in supplement form. The problem is that the info out there seems quite contradictory. Some say use the cat stuff others say use the human ones. Some say dose every day others say dose daily initially then drop down to a maintenance dose. The information out there is so confusing and mostly anecdotal as far as I can see. It is also something that does not seem to come up very often on the forum that I have seen, although we have several older buns between us. And although there seems to be lots of talk about rabbit teeth we seem to spend very little time talking about joint and bone health for buns. I don't know whether you approach this from an age angle or from an angle of ongoing health. It occurred to me that in work I spend a lot of time talking about the link between activity and positive mood. I would say that from my observation that the same goes for rabbits: the more time my pair get to spend in the garden in the morning the more content they seem in the evening. So I am also thinking about prolonging quality of life for as long as possible.

Back to top Go down

FAO Jay - maybe a HM health question Empty Re: FAO Jay - maybe a HM health question

Post by KatieB Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:54 pm

Bump x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down