Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

now I am annoyed, rwaf are apparently talking rubbish

+3
emma.b_90
KatieB
dizzylynn
7 posters

Go down

now I am annoyed, rwaf are apparently talking rubbish Empty now I am annoyed, rwaf are apparently talking rubbish

Post by dizzylynn Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:30 pm

I shared that link for the pimped out hutch on my facebook well, stating it was far to small for the size of the grey bunny, well I have had 2 comments stating I am wrong its fine, and its not for all the time, (clearly it is as he has remote control lighting and is at work all day) read the comments on the article and many share my views. So one of the comments on my wall is from a friends cuz, she says she knows more than me, her parents were bunny breeders years ago YEARS AGO, so I said studies done over the last few years proof that there needs were not met and rwaf will tell you why, she then said to me alot of rubbish, these studies are rubbish and the rwaf know nothing, I am mad as hell now.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

now I am annoyed, rwaf are apparently talking rubbish Empty Re: now I am annoyed, rwaf are apparently talking rubbish

Post by KatieB Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:44 pm

Blatant ignorance - stick to your guns. Perhaps link the RWAF and RSPCA details to your page??
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

now I am annoyed, rwaf are apparently talking rubbish Empty Re: now I am annoyed, rwaf are apparently talking rubbish

Post by dizzylynn Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:29 pm

I told her about the rwaf, but she dismissed me as tottally wrong because her dad was a breeder, to be honest I dont hold breeders very high as alot of them dont really care about the bunnys there in it for a quick buck. Some do but to many dont. Things change with time, to dismiss research and studies (all studies she dismissed) means she dismisses studies to cure cancer etc, she dismissed studies not to feed your babys (humans) on solids before there 6 months, she fed hers from 4 weeks. So she thinks shes right and the world is wrong by sounds of it.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:03 pm

2 statements from this person that got to me, 1 charlie has to much space he wont feel safe, rabbits cant cope with loads of space makes them feel insecure Mad 2 if I house more than 1 rabbit together they will eat each other HBWS getting really annoyed as she is the 1 who knows nothing.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:30 pm

Stick to your guns. Our knowledge of rabbit behaviour and need has come on leaps and bounds just in the last 10 years so any 'wisdom' from before that time has probably been re-evaluated now. And if it is on your facebook wall you should be able to delete the posts?

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:35 pm

She said things in private more depth, but on the wall said there i snothing wrong with the hutch, I know I am right so I will leave it where it is, we shall agree to dissagree for now.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by emma.b_90 Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:46 pm

clearly she knows nothing about health and well being of rabbits.

I'll be honest i didnt know about cage size, food (amount of hay they should eat) etc....So i read up about it and obviously joined this site Smile Thumbs Up

To blatantly dismiss research and up to date studies is just bordering on idiocy!! Some people just can not be told or accept change and these are the people that shouldnt have pets!

Ignore her hun, she's being silly. You know wot is best from knowledge and the fact that its written in black and white! Laughing
emma.b_90
emma.b_90
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:05 am

some people delude themselves rather than back down, I see it all the time - they don't want to admit they are wrong, so head in sand dyndrom takes over - accept it for what it is, we can't change the way everyone want to think, sadly. You're doing the best you can and using them most up to date research to do that, so you're the better person Hugs
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:10 am

Jay wrote:some people delude themselves rather than back down, I see it all the time - they don't want to admit they are wrong, so head in sand dyndrom takes over - accept it for what it is, we can't change the way everyone want to think, sadly. You're doing the best you can and using them most up to date research to do that, so you're the better person Hugs
totally agree some people are not capeable of accepting they may be wrong and won't. Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:41 am

Best thing to do with someone like that is just to say, 'OK, you're right' and end the conversation. They know that you still think they are talking nonsense and sometimes will try to bring the conversation up again, but you just repeat it. Leaves them feeling very unsatisfied and unsettled.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Why get so stressed about it? Humans will always, ALWAYS I say, have their fair share of ignorant types. Nothing you can say will change that. For every one you convert, there will breed several more. Unfortunately, it's a losing battle.

However, vote for me, Father Jack, as Prime Minister and I shall detach the UK from Europe, throw out illegal immigrants and spay those nasty humans who commit serious crimes against animals Twisted Evil
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down