Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burgess have made me laugh this morning. U/D

5 posters

Go down

Burgess have made me laugh this morning. U/D  Empty Burgess have made me laugh this morning. U/D

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:24 am

As you probably know I have been trying to find out a bit more about glucosamine for elder buns. In trying to weigh up the options I wanted to compare the glucosamine content of Burgess excel mature and vetpet glucosamine. Vetpets info is clear - 1g per kg of food - but Burgess don't say what the glucosamine content is. So I emailed to ask them. I specifically asked for the mg per kg rate. They got back to me to say there is .4kg per tonne! what a useful guide for people who buy their food in 2 kg bags Laughing So I have worked it out and there is 400mg per kg which is far lower than the vetpet.

Last edited by cheryl'n'bruce'flo on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Burgess have made me laugh this morning. U/D  Empty Re: Burgess have made me laugh this morning. U/D

Post by Jay Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:36 am

Oh that's just so unneccesary... but maybe that's all the info they had to hand - but even so...
I know a few of the Burgess staff, esp the main promotions/marketing lady, Naomi, and they are really nice/sound people. I'd e-mail them back, and reccommend that they increase it, they are open to suggestions Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Burgess have made me laugh this morning. U/D  Empty Re: Burgess have made me laugh this morning. U/D

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:42 am

Thanks for that Jay - I think I will.

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:22 am

That wouldve taken me ages to work that out!!

At least they did reply, which is more than a lot of companies do.

I hope Bruce enjoys the new food after all the research you've been doing to get it!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:38 am

Burgess are sending me a sample - although I am already trying the buns with it in their ball mix. I am reluctant to try the vetpet stuff just because I have heard people say that their buns don't like it or that it has upset their tums. I have emailed them back and they have said they will forward my thoughts to the right people.

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Well glad they have listened to you! I think that's half the reason burgess is so popular, they actually seem to care!! Even if their measurements are a bit obscure!! Laughing

I hope they like the sample!!
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil & Ron's Mum Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:30 pm

We get human vegetarian ones from 'health span' and crush them and divide it in to 4 and put them in those human tablet containers with the days on.
Lil is like a spring chicken, she's been on them for 2 years. We put it in her tablespoon of cranberry juice which is watered down with her other medication and she drinks it down in seconds.

Lil & Ron's Mum
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:06 pm

I got that for me, as bone dr said to try it, and it made me dizzy, it says on it side effects not expected unless you are diabetic, and I am not but I got the diabetic side effects scratch so spoke to dr, she siad its probs because I took too high a doze yet I was TOLD to by the other dr. HBWS
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:37 pm

Ok I take back my laughter at burgess - their sample has just arrived. It is a fullsize bag!

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:18 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Ok I take back my laughter at burgess - their sample has just arrived. It is a fullsize bag!

Wow! Their customer service is amazing.

Hope the buns enjoy it.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:54 am

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Ok I take back my laughter at burgess - their sample has just arrived. It is a fullsize bag!

Wow!! bet that was a nice surprise!!
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum