Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beware some rabbit treats.

+9
NickieM
fall3n-ang3l
icedancer
Sparky
dizzylynn
Thumper2001
JoeyBunsMum
Father Jack
Tuckerbunnies
13 posters

Go down

Beware some rabbit treats. Empty Beware some rabbit treats.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:20 pm

When buying bunny treats just check on the ingredients in them as these two products below have 'MEAT & ANIMAL DERIVATIVES' listed in the ingredients Shocked

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/carrot-shaped-vegetable-treat-for-small-animals-by-woodlands-38609

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/rabbit-shaped-strawberry-treat-for-small-animals-by-woodlands-38611

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Beware some rabbit treats. Empty Re: Beware some rabbit treats.

Post by Father Jack Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:21 pm

We've all heard this about PAH stuff. We don't like them and will never let our humans buy from them Evil or Very Mad
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:27 pm

Father Jack wrote:We've all heard this about PAH stuff. We don't like them and will never let our humans buy from them Evil or Very Mad

I've just read about this on another forum and so thought I'd warm the members on here, we usually by our treats at the hay experts and usually go for the more healthier stuff.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Father Jack wrote:We've all heard this about PAH stuff. We don't like them and will never let our humans buy from them Evil or Very Mad

Snap!

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:38 pm

Why would they do that?? Shocked Mad

Thumper never really got pet store treats. There's no doubt in my mind that she would have screwed her nose up at them anyway!

She was def a veggie girl! Carrot, mange tout, apple and pear all the way Thumbs Up In moderation of course, until the last year or so where I'd give her any of the 4 at any time, just to make sure she would eat something.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:49 pm

I never buy treats, there full of sugar, I did at the start, still got them was packs with 2 pop corn sticks 2 for £3 he ate 1 in less than a day was reallty annoyed. So still got the rest, let him have a nibble then take it away. I havent offered any to the wee ones yet, there still getting used to veg being added gradually.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:03 pm

Our humans never buy us anything that is brightly coloured (even if it claims the colours are 'natural') or which seems to be glued together with something dodgy. Humum always reads the ingredients on things before buying, even when it claims to be rabbit safe on the packaging.

They've taught us that 'treats' are plantain, dried herbs, dried dandelion etc.

And if we're really really good, we might get a bit of Fenugreek Crunchie or dried banana chip. I actually qualify as 'really, really good' more often than you might expect Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:06 pm

Charlies treat is half a grape, he LOVES the juice, licks like mad. Only get it once a week at most, or he gets is his parsley.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:46 pm

Florence does get some of the "Woodlands" bits, and I'm too scared to look at the package now. She has some called "carrot nibbles" or something which I'm using to try and train her, they are like little biscuits but she only has a couple at a time. Plus she has some of the dried bits and pieces by them. But because they claim they are "natural" I fell for it.

Sorry Flossy looks like they'll be knocked on the head!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:13 pm

Shocked No its very rare they get treats,they just get there veg and herbs,they do love the Fenugreek Crunchie but thats about all they get,sometimes i do feel mean that i think there missing out on something but i guess not
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:26 pm

fall3n-ang3l wrote: Shocked No its very rare they get treats,they just get there veg and herbs,they do love the Fenugreek Crunchie but thats about all they get,sometimes i do feel mean that i think there missing out on something but i guess not

Oh our's love Fenugreek Crunchies but I can only get them from the Hay Experts as nobody sells them round here Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:17 pm

Fenugreek crunchies Love I remember Gloria was so unimpressed by them until Wolfie decided he quite liked them. Then she was insatiable. What a besom she was. Love
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:21 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
fall3n-ang3l wrote: Shocked No its very rare they get treats,they just get there veg and herbs,they do love the Fenugreek Crunchie but thats about all they get,sometimes i do feel mean that i think there missing out on something but i guess not

Oh our's love Fenugreek Crunchies but I can only get them from the Hay Experts as nobody sells them round here Sad

We have a shop here thats sell them and there cheaper than Hay experts think they are cheaper anyway Laughing
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:47 am

Velvet.Tears wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:

We have a shop here thats sell them and there cheaper than Hay experts think they are cheaper anyway Laughing

That's it then we are all moving to Northamptonshire Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:13 am

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
Velvet.Tears wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:

That's it then we are all moving to Northamptonshire Laughing

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by emma.b_90 Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:00 pm

icedancer wrote:Florence does get some of the "Woodlands" bits, and I'm too scared to look at the package now. She has some called "carrot nibbles" or something which I'm using to try and train her, they are like little biscuits but she only has a couple at a time. Plus she has some of the dried bits and pieces by them. But because they claim they are "natural" I fell for it.

i buy magnum the 'woodlands' stuff too. Ive just had a look on the ingredients, with 1 eye closed! And the treats magnum has are ok, so maybe its just some of there range....think i'll have to start reading ingredients instead of just trusting big companys! No
emma.b_90
emma.b_90
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:14 pm

Thank you for the tip love but I don;t buy treats from Pets at home either. When mine have a treat it either veggie fruit.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:21 pm

I am sure they are more than happy with what you give them Thumbs Up
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:31 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:
I am sure they are more than happy with what you give them Thumbs Up

awwwwww thank you Hugs
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:46 pm

icedancer wrote:Florence does get some of the "Woodlands" bits, and I'm too scared to look at the package now. She has some called "carrot nibbles" or something which I'm using to try and train her, they are like little biscuits but she only has a couple at a time. Plus she has some of the dried bits and pieces by them. But because they claim they are "natural" I fell for it.

you don't need to get rid of them all together, I just make sure I check the ingredients first! End of the day all pet stores (even the hay experts) sell pretty much the same products! Buttons' favourite treats are from P@H, They are dried beetroot and turnip and that is all the ingredients that are in them!! He goes mental when he sees the tub!! but some of the other treats in the 'naturals' range are defiantly not rabbit worthy! I know people on here are very anty P@H, and I agree there are many things wrong with them, but they are no different from any other pet store! The difference is US the owners choosing the correct products for our animals and hoping others realise, and then if people don't buy rubbish products they might stop being made!!

and just to prove its not just P@H, I ordered this for Buttons for Christmas:
https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/Natural+Treats+%252526+Herbs.7/Carrot+Woodroll.222.html
But not sure I'm going to give it him as it has a whole load of rubbish ingredients in it that aren't stated on the website and for some reason is covered in seeds (which I also thought were bad for buns!)

Last edited by lizzi_blackwell3 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rubbish spelling!)
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down