Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally getting insurance

2 posters

Go down

Finally getting insurance Empty Finally getting insurance

Post by Dotdot Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:10 pm

After Tiggers bout of not feeling herself these past two days I've finally persuaded my mum to let me get insurance for her and Jeeves.

I know there have been many threads about insurance and I've probably posted one earlier in the year but any help would be great. (I've had a good read of the insurance:worth having thread by sooz, but of course in still a little confused)

- Annual or lifetime? Ive read if a condition isn't healed within a year then when it comes to renewal then it isn't covered?
- The vets have Tigger down as a dwarf lop (which she clearly isnt) and I plan on registering her to the insurance company as a cross, will this affect the insurance?
- Does insurance cover dental work? I've heard some can do providing regular dental check ups are had. Both buns teeth were looked at a couple of months ago and vets said they were fine, however before Jeeves came to me in April he had a 'brief' dental, it was just quick and routine and no anaesthetic was used. This was at a different vets (the one the rescue used many miles away) and isn't on his records at my vets, he has had no teeth problem since so would this be a pre existing condition? I dont think it was actually recorded as a 'problem' just a general mot. He's been fine since. Confused!

Thankyouu!

Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Finally getting insurance Empty Re: Finally getting insurance

Post by Sparky Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:23 pm

Dotdot wrote:- Annual or lifetime? Ive read if a condition isn't healed within a year then when it comes to renewal then it isn't covered?
Not within 12 months of the illness starting. At the end of that policy year, the illness would not be covered. So if a bun fell ill in August with something needing long-term treatment, and the policy renewal date was in September, you might only be covered for the first few weeks of treatment. Lifetime cover seems to be worth the extra cost.

Dotdot wrote: The vets have Tigger down as a dwarf lop (which she clearly isnt) and I plan on registering her to the insurance company as a cross, will this affect the insurance?
I bet the vet can change their records a whole lot easier than an insurance company would! I'd get the vet to update her to a cross.

Dotdot wrote: Does insurance cover dental work?
Our PetPlan policy includes in the 'What we will not pay" section: "the cost of trimming, rasping or burring rabbits teeth."
I assume that this means if a rabbit needed a tooth / teeth removed, or emergency treatment following an injury, then it would be covered.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:38 pm

That wa brilliant help thank you Sparky!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down