Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone wonder how buns really view the world? LINK

+2
lizzi_b
marleyNfriends
6 posters

Go down

Anyone wonder how buns really view the world? LINK Empty Anyone wonder how buns really view the world? LINK

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:06 pm

Ive always struggled to really get my head around rabbits vision. Ive read this section in books a number of times and have never fully understood it.

I started to wonder again tonight exactly how much rabbits can see, because Skyes depth perception doesnt seem very good at all. I was just wondering if it had anything to do with the fact that shes a BEW. So i did a bit of googling and this link really helped me start to understand things properly for the first time. I dont know, i might just be a bit dim, but i thought id share it with you incase you were interested Smile

http://www.wisconsinhrs.org/Articles/What%20Do%20Rabbits%20See.htm
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Anyone wonder how buns really view the world? LINK Empty Re: Anyone wonder how buns really view the world? LINK

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:53 pm

I find it surprising that buns don't have good night vision considering they live in burrows. And my pair are often on the floor when I turn out the light but on the table when I come down in the morning.

Back to top Go down

Anyone wonder how buns really view the world? LINK Empty Re: Anyone wonder how buns really view the world? LINK

Post by lizzi_b Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:07 am

Oh that's fascinating!! funny i was only saying the other day I wonder how rabbits see!! I always laughed when Buttons would explore while bobbing his head and ears forward, I'd never thought this is how they work out depth perception!! I just thought he was daft!! Laughing I love reading stuff like this!! Rabbits are just so interesting!!

Last edited by lizzi_blackwell3 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:39 am

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I find it surprising that buns don't have good night vision considering they live in burrows. And my pair are often on the floor when I turn out the light but on the table when I come down in the morning.
Laughing
I imagined they could see well in half light, but had no idea that they didnt have very good night vision. That was interesting.

lizzi_blackwell3 wrote:Oh that's fascinating!! funny i was only saying the other day I wonder how rabbits see!! I always laughed when Buttons would explore while bobbing his head and ears forward, I'd never thought this is how they work out depth perception!! I just thought he was daft!! Laughing I love reading stuff like this!! Rabbits are just so interesting!!
It is interesting, i think this article made it a lot more easy to understand, ive never got my head around it before. So im guessing its as i thought. Skye has really poor depth perception even compared to Marley and Dolly she bobs her head around and scans a lot more than the other two. Whether its got anything to do with her being a BEW i dont know. I wonder if their vision is affected in the same way as REWs but to a lesser extent? scratch
Either way, shes still daft Laughing
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:28 am

I've saved this as I find it very interesting, anything on rabbits I find very interesting tbh, they are such amazing little creatures Thumbs Up

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:22 pm

That was really interesting, thanks for the link Thumbs Up

I'm cleverer than I thought Very Happy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:38 pm

That was very interesting, thanks for sharing Very Happy

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I find it surprising that buns don't have good night vision considering they live in burrows. And my pair are often on the floor when I turn out the light but on the table when I come down in the morning.

This is probably where whiskers come in useful, and in the case of your kitchen I'd guess being familiar with their surroundings Smile
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:31 pm

Im happy to share bits and bobs that i find when im browsing the net for bunny things Smile
Education is important, theres always something we havent learned yet...
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:42 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:Im happy to share bits and bobs that i find when im browsing the net for bunny things Smile

Absolutely, and personally, I love it when we put up things that help us all understand buns a little more, as you say, there's always something.

Really interesting article, thanks for posting it Thumbs Up
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Jay wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:Im happy to share bits and bobs that i find when im browsing the net for bunny things Smile

Absolutely, and personally, I love it when we put up things that help us all understand buns a little more, as you say, there's always something.

Really interesting article, thanks for posting it Thumbs Up
Its no problem Smile
Nice to see you Jay, how the devil are 'ya?! Wave
Oh, did you get my message by the way? Id been having problems, im not sure if there was an error in sending it. scratch
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:01 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:Its no problem Smile
Oh, did you get my message by the way? Id been having problems, im not sure if there was an error in sending it. scratch

Thanks, it's nice to be back Smile I'm suffering a bit(Clicky), but alive and happy for it!

No message I'm afraid, can you re-send, cheers
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:11 pm

Jay wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:Its no problem Smile

Thanks, it's nice to be back Smile I'm suffering a bit(Clicky), but alive and happy for it!

No message I'm afraid, can you re-send, cheers

It was basically just to say you can use the report if you sill want to, tutor said its fine.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down