Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Annabelle and Sir Charles. PICS OF SHED!!!

+18
dizzylynn
Thumper2001
Tuckerbunnies
Jay
jolovesbunnies
NSD
gentl
LilyGrace
lizzi_b
icedancer
fall3n-ang3l
Felix&Willow
Dotdot
Velvet.Tears
Sparky
marleyNfriends
NickieM
KatieB
22 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Lady Annabelle and Sir Charles.  PICS OF SHED!!! Empty Lady Annabelle and Sir Charles. PICS OF SHED!!!

Post by KatieB Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Thought I would start a thread to show what we are doing for are new guys......

Mainly because things started to arrive today and I am sooo excited I need to share it before I actually pee myself!

So this arrived today

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290457296065?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3467wt_905

Havent been able to get it totally out the box yet but it seems like fabulous quality, all the wire is fixed inside the wood so no rough edges, it looks really well made. And fab for the price too!! The plan is to attach it to the side of the shed accessible via cat flap!

Snuggle safes have also arrived - eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk!

Will take photos of garden renovations tomorrow as they occur! My other friends are not the slightest bit interested but I know you lot are as looney as me!!! (matter of opinion I know Laughing )

Last edited by Katieb on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Lady Annabelle and Sir Charles.  PICS OF SHED!!! Empty Re: Lady Annabelle and Sir Charles. PICS OF SHED!!!

Post by NickieM Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:31 pm

How can your friends not be interested! Are they mad?????? Laughing Laughing

The run looks really good and such a good price! Thumbs Up
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Lady Annabelle and Sir Charles.  PICS OF SHED!!! Empty Re: Lady Annabelle and Sir Charles. PICS OF SHED!!!

Post by KatieB Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:33 pm

NickieM wrote:How can your friends not be interested! Are they mad?????? Laughing Laughing

I think so! Bunch of weirdo's!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:33 pm

So looney I skipped to this thread when I saw it instead of methodically working up the new posts list which is what I was doing! That looks like the run Sophia has on the side of her playhouse. I am really excited to see the renovation pics.

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:36 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:So looney I skipped to this thread when I saw it instead of methodically working up the new posts list which is what I was doing! That looks like the run Sophia has on the side of her playhouse. I am really excited to see the renovation pics.

See I knew it. My HH friends ROCK!!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:38 pm

sounds exciting, cant wait to see more pictures Katie!! Very Happy

A quick note about the run though, i would retreat it before you put it up and use some plates to strengthen the joints on the lid as they are just tongue and groove with rubbish screws and do come loose eventually. Once they work loose theyre a nightmare to fix properly. My lid no longer closes and im terrified it falls in and the buns escape as it has once or twice but the buns have been locked in the shed!

Had i known this would happen id have made said changes when i first got it. Oh and also if your attaching the plates to make it more rigid (so it doesnt fold up anymore) i would also get some stronger brackets at some point too as mine bent really easily. Sorry if i put a dampener on it there, its not expensive to get some brackets/plates if you go to wilko and once you do that it should be good and sturdy and last longer than mine has. Other than that, its a lovely run Smile I got mine off the same ebay seller too. x

Last edited by marleyNfriends on Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:40 pm

Thanks hun, will deffo do that, Im new to outside buns so all advice gratefully received!
Have informed hubster of modifications needed and we will do this before my little chaps arrive. Thank you x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Katieb wrote:Thanks hun, will deffo do that, Im new to outside buns so all advice gratefully received!

Thank goodness! Im sure it will be good and sturdy for some time if you make said changes. I thought i might have put a dampener on it for you Laughing Didnt mean to, it is a lovely run but im going to have to replace mine in summer, it would have been fine if id bought some brackets.

ETA: Attaching it to the shed with a hasp and staple lock will also mean its nice and secure, but you can still remove it easily. I have to move mine for the window cleaner to get in with his fancy equipment.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:52 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:
Katieb wrote:Thanks hun, will deffo do that, Im new to outside buns so all advice gratefully received!

Thank goodness! Im sure it will be good and sturdy for some time if you make said changes. I thought i might have put a dampener on it for you Laughing Didnt mean to, it is a lovely run but im going to have to replace mine in summer, it would have been fine if id bought some brackets.

ETA: Attaching it to the shed with a hasp and staple lock will also mean its nice and secure, but you can still remove it easily. I have to move mine for the window cleaner to get in with his fancy equipment.

Not at all hun, I am really grateful for the advice - want to get it right from the start.

What do you have on the floor of your playhouse?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:00 pm

I'm excited by proxy.

Humum and Hudad have plans for a 10' x 8' shed in our garden, with huge enclosed runs for us (I mean them, the outside buns). They're itching to get started but can't because the weather is so yuck up here and it's always dark as we're so near the North Pole.

Down there in the Tropical South you should be able to make progress, so we're going to be interested to see it Very Happy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:09 pm

I reckons we should all have our own little village.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:11 pm

That run looks fab Katie! The only problem is... you are just going to get so carried away with going 'ooh lets extend it, let's do this.'
We did Laughing

We have a hutch inside the shed which we have recently put lino down on. Easy to clean and quite a bit warmer than the bare wood they used to have. The top of the hutch (apart from the bedroom) has nothing covering it other than hay because they like to move it out of the way and lay on the cold smooth surface, silly pair.

The floor in the shed is chipboard which we painted over to stop bits peeling up and getting stuck in their feet. I have been considering putting lino down there too since the pair haven't destroyed it in the hutch. Yet...
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:21 pm

It sounds amazing Katie! Squeeee!!!!! Smile
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:26 am

owwwwww cant wait to see more
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:43 am

Lino is working well for willow and Felix, so much easier to clean especially in this weather when everything takes so long to dry x
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:49 am

Katieb wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:

Not at all hun, I am really grateful for the advice - want to get it right from the start.

What do you have on the floor of your playhouse?

I have lino down and have to say its a godsend, just sweep it daily and disinfect weekly. I used to have the cheap self adhesive tiles, but theyre just a waste of money imo as they come up and theyre really slippy for the buns. Proper lino is textured so they dont slip all over. Marley HATES smooth/slippy surfaces so that fact that hes happy on it says it all, really.

My shed floor did start to rot in one corner because urine was getting underneath, we just siliconed round the edges and some people suggest putting beading over the top to stop them getting to the silicone Smile
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:07 am

I have lined the g.p hutch with 'floor in a box' from Tarkett. I came across it in Trago (local discount store). It is cushioned vinyl on a 22cm wide roll and is self adhesive (I used pva as well as I have not found self adhesive very good in the past). I found it a doddle to lay and it has proved quite warm for piggy toes and not at all slippy. I don't know where else you'd get it but I'd recommend it if you can find it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix&Willow Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:30 am

^^ just had a look, looks fab! home.tarkett.com/products/vinyl/floor-box
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:03 am

Wow that run is amazing. What lucky bunsters.

I'm really excited for you, I love it on here when there is work like this going on!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:16 pm

Oo exciting it's all happening! I too am of no use about outdoor bins! I am just here in excitement!! Very Happy I shall keep popping back!!
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:51 pm

Ohh very exciting! Smile Can't wait to see them in their new home
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:00 pm

Update update!!!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:08 am

They are going to have such a lovely abode! Looks very well made.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:55 am

Look fantastic! I can't wait to see pics when it's set up. Yay!
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:58 pm

I promise I will take a pic of where we have got to tomorrow........

Well we have moved the veggi patch, moved the composter, moved about 100 massive tiles we were storing in the garden, levelled the ground, laid the aggregate, laid the concrete slabs, painted the garage and we have done about 6 tip runs.

Phew! There isnt a bit of my that doesnt hurt! I think I personally moved about a ton of mud from veggi patch, into wheelbarrow and out the back..... OUCH!

But I feel like we are nearly there! The shed is being delivered on Saturday and we just have to put it up, insulate and board it, build the shelves, lay the flooring, give the run a second coat of stain and strengthen it up, figure out a way of attaching run and installing some kind of catflap in between the two.

A year or so ago we brought daisy a little hidey for the garden in case he got scared while he was out there playing. I dont think he has ever been in it. So I thought id use it for inside the new shed for the little folks to snuggle in......Well daisy may not have actually been in it but he has however nibbled through the front leg, beaver style, so thats no good - little beast!

Last edited by Katieb on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next