Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wish could get wee buns into there house

3 posters

Go down

wish could get wee buns into there house Empty wish could get wee buns into there house

Post by dizzylynn Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:06 pm

I am really starting to get a bit upset that rosie hasnt got much room, they are in cages in there play house, I was tempted to buy a cheap hutch for her just now till they are done and can be put in there little house together. Charlie has loads of room and I feel she is going to suffer if I cant get her out of there soon, smokey is in a cage too but his is a larger cage, I was thinking about lining the house this week, get a cheap coffee table (put smokeys cage on top of it) then let her have the house beside him, she will have space under the table and round the ma area, but I am worried she tries to jump up on his cage and hurts herself. Whats worth while doing, if I got a cheap hutch it could be attatched to the main house and do as extra space. Cant find a second hand one on gumtree so feel its a big expense for only a few months at most. He wont be long till needs done hopefully. Is the other idea worth trying, lining the wood walls even if its done high enough she cant nibble on the silver insulation finish it later when the level gets added. Need to do something I was filming him running about the garden while she was outside in her cage(was cleaning his so have to pull hers out to get to him) she seemed soooo cramped it upsets me. She can hardly do 2 hops. Smokey can do 3 so his isnt much better but still wider too. Please dont judge me guys, we wanted 2 girls so this wouldnt have been an issue if they were both girls could have kept them together then housed them much earlier.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

wish could get wee buns into there house Empty Re: wish could get wee buns into there house

Post by FarplaceRescue Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:35 pm

Can we see pictures of the cages? I am not judging anyone, as I am aware that my own rescue cages are not nearly big enough. perhaps if we could see pics of your set-ups, we can make constructive suggestions?
jan
FarplaceRescue
FarplaceRescue
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2011-08-16

http://www.farplace.org.uk

Back to top Go down

wish could get wee buns into there house Empty Re: wish could get wee buns into there house

Post by dizzylynn Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:38 pm

I filmed them in the garden wee while ago trying to catch some binkies, rosie done plenty smokey wanted back in his bed lol I will upload them and you can see how small it is for her Sad
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:00 pm

dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FarplaceRescue Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:55 pm

So they have these cages and a playhouse? How much access to the playhouse do they get? Are they neutered and together yet?
Just wondering if you can extend the playhouse to give them more room?
FarplaceRescue
FarplaceRescue
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2011-08-16

http://www.farplace.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:25 pm

Can you finish lining the playhouse and put a level in that will take Smokey's cage but be too high for her to jump up to?

Then when they can be together, you can put a hop-up step or a ramp up to the level....
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:45 pm

There actually in the play house in the cages as it was warmer than the shed, I insulated it before new year, it still needs lined if weather stays dry tomorow will get it lined up to a point, so we can let rosie have the space under smokey get that cage in the bin. will need to get some lino for the floor (I cover it with hay etc so its just to keep the floor from rotting) The have access to the garden and the house, house if its raining, garden if its dry (fingers crossed stays dry) rosie has a habbit of widdling in the dogs beds tho. So need to keep her indoor visits short so she can pee in her corner. I clean them out every other day so they dont lie in wet peed bedding, wont need to do it as often when there out of the cages. They wont be old enough for another month or 2 for opp, then will take 6 - 8 weeks for hormones to level off so can be bonded. I am making runs for them that I will put them in, they cant get full access to the garden unless 1 of is sits out there with them, or at least has the back door wide open, we have a local few hawks had a few in my garden, 1 went for billy my bird nearly went through the window, then lately one thought it would have a go at a pidgeon in my garden scared hell out the pidgeon.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Thats what I was thinking would be best sparky, just getting that cheap coffee table, wrap the rope like stuff I got for charlies house round the legs so she wont chew it. Then either scrap the table later or just keep it and put a ramp up like we done with charlie. Thats the plan for tomorow now be easier to get to smokeys dishes I nearly fall in trying to reach his.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum