Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy)

+4
Sparky
KatieB
Velvet.Tears
Tuckerbunnies
8 posters

Go down

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) Empty Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy)

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:08 pm

Had a lovely day out at the Burgess small animal show in Harrogate, we bought some Timothy Hay from the 'DustFree Hay company ( www.dustfreehay.co.uk ) and bought some hay from 'Hay for Pets' ( http://www.hayforpets.co.uk/ ) and Mike bought Faith a little plastic castle and I chatted to a lovely lady that runs 'Odies Warren for Rabbits' in Suffolk (www.odieswarrenforrabbits.co.uk/) and we watched a bit of bunny showjumping and...oh yes I got another bunny and he's just like Pud that's why I had to get him but you will have to wait till the end of the photos to see him Very Happy

Firstly we went in my Mini with the 'Rescue a Rabbit' stickers on both sides of the windows and we parked inbetween two breeders cars Very Happy

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) 29-1-12034

The huge Burgess bunny in the doorway as you go in

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) 29-1-12028

That's me, the porker in front of the Continental Giant Embarassed

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) 29-1-12031

And inside

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) 29-1-12032

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) 29-1-12025

The run Around

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) 29-1-12020

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) 29-1-12019

Some of the photos I took of the showjumping bunnies are all blury but these are not to bad.

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) 29-1-12027

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) 29-1-12016

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) 29-1-12008

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) 29-1-12006

Had a quick look at some of the buns but I find it a bit upsetting and I wanted to get out of that part
before they started the dreaded bunny auction which is awful.
Think this was an Argente.

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) 29-1-12024

This was a huge white Continental Giant so beautiful.

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) 29-1-12023

Another Continental Giant look's like our big girl Tia.

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) 29-1-12022

and now what you have all been wanting to see my new Pud look alike bunny

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) 29-1-12035

He's a bit shy

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) 29-1-12036

Laughing Laughing Laughing Fooled you!

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) Empty Re: Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy)

Post by Velvet.Tears Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:11 pm

Awww Maysie I wanted to go but didn't think anyone was going so I didn't bother
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy) Empty Re: Been to Burgess Premier small Animal show (photo heavy)

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Velvet.Tears wrote:Awww Maysie I wanted to go but didn't think anyone was going so I didn't bother

Oh Lorna I didn't know Sad Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:14 pm

Blimmin Heck Maysie! I was getting reaaalllyyyy excited!! Laughing Laughing

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:15 pm

Katieb wrote:Blimmin Heck Maysie! I was getting reaaalllyyyy excited!! Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing I have visions of everyone scrolling down straight away to see my new bunny.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:43 pm

I was amazed to see the pic with the girl sat with her bun hallpily sat on her lap - mine would have been off in a flash!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:50 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I was amazed to see the pic with the girl sat with her bun hallpily sat on her lap - mine would have been off in a flash!

The bunny had been show jumping and you can't see it but it had a harness on with a lead but saying that it was good as gold sat there Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:04 pm

I was going to send the Hu-parents to this, but they were a bit unsure about having rabbits on 'show' - how do the buns cope with it all, Maysie?

Tuckerbunnies wrote:Firstly we went in my Mini with the 'Rescue a Rabbit' stickers on both sides of the windows and we parked inbetween two breeders cars Very Happy
Hehe Very Happy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:08 pm

iam gutted,i saw this on calendar on fri,well daybreak and they have updates from calendar in between and they showed this and it was on that night and i was going to watch it but forgot
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:35 pm

Damn you maysie! I got excited too!! Laughing

Sounds like you got some good stuff! Glad it sounds like you had a good day out of the house! Very Happy
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:01 pm

You were there!!?? Me toooo, i could have said hello if id have known!!! Sad
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:08 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I was amazed to see the pic with the girl sat with her bun hallpily sat on her lap - mine would have been off in a flash!
Thats Emma. Shes a member on this forum (emma) but doesnt use it very often. Her buns, Mischeif and Tinkerbell are fab Love As is the little dutch that was jumping. His name is Buddy, i met him today and got a stroke. Couldnt believe how chilled out they were!!

I hope you had a lovely time, Maysie. When you said you had a bunny i thought youd been bidding in the auction, my jaw dropped to the floor thinking "Noooo, she wouldnt do that!" Laughing

My gang got spoilt rotten today. Ive brought books, litter, willow sticks, a few toys and a posh Sweedish harness for them to try. The last one i had was terrible so they all got binned and i said id never buy one again, but these are really good quality and nice and soft....not to mention it has little blue dimontes in Very Happy
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:33 pm

There was a video this week over on Disapproving Rabbits about starting to get buns used to Harnesses.

Last edited by cheryl'n'bruce'flo on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:37 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:
Thats Emma. Shes a member on this forum (emma) but doesnt use it very often. Her buns, Mischeif and Tinkerbell are fab Love As is the little dutch that was jumping. His name is Buddy, i met him today and got a stroke. Couldnt believe how chilled out they were!!

I hope you had a lovely time, Maysie. When you said you had a bunny i thought youd been bidding in the auction, my jaw dropped to the floor thinking "Noooo, she wouldnt do that!" Laughing

My gang got spoilt rotten today. Ive brought books, litter, willow sticks, a few toys and a posh Sweedish harness for them to try. The last one i had was terrible so they all got binned and i said id never buy one again, but these are really good quality and nice and soft....not to mention it has little blue dimontes in Very Happy

I thought it was Emma, Buddy is gorgeous Very Happy

Auction Crying or Very sad Oh no we went before that I have only ever seen the auction once and that was enough it's awful Crying or Very sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:42 pm

lizzi_b wrote:Damn you maysie! I got excited too!! Laughing

Sounds like you got some good stuff! Glad it sounds like you had a good day out of the house! Very Happy

I did really well as I don't go out much now and I can't cope with crowds but I was ok, there was a moment we were sat waiting to watch the showjumping bunnies and there was nobody behind us and of course by the time it started it was packed and then I thought I might just panic as I felt hemmed in but I just took deep breaths and got talking to a lady next to me and I was ok Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:58 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:

I thought it was Emma, Buddy is gorgeous
Very Happy

Auction Crying or Very sad Oh no we went before that I have only ever seen the auction once and that was enough it's awful Crying or Very sad

That's really good to read. I was watching a video clip from last year linked to an article on the show and saw Emma with Jasper and it was heartbreaking knowing Jasper is no longer with us, so I thought Emma wouldn't be able to take part... how lovely that she got to borrow Buddy for the day Love Love

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:03 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:

I thought it was Emma, Buddy is gorgeous Very Happy

This is the first year ive been, and i hung around for the first two buns just to see for myself what goes on and then i made a quick exit. Its just not right in so many ways. :'( Selling a rabbit to the highest bidder No but i couldnt believed the prices they go for either Shocked £130!!!!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down