Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting trip to the vets!!

+2
icedancer
lizzi_b
6 posters

Go down

Interesting trip to the vets!! Empty Interesting trip to the vets!!

Post by lizzi_b Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:11 pm

Just got back from the vets with Buttons for his myxi jab, and it was crazy, 2 women and a little girl walked in just carrying their beautiful white rabbit!! It was happy as larry sat there in their arms! god I wish Buttons was like that!! They said he has always been like that because the little girl has always just picked him up so he has got used to it! (he has also been put in pirate fancy dress before!!) but they also said it was because he is a house rabbit! I was like Buttons is a house rabbit though!! - what am I doing wrong? scratch

anyway went in to see the vet and she trimmed his bottom because it had got a bit matted and I just can't get him to stay still long enough to do it myself!! then she put him back down to get the scales, and he lept at me and shoved his head in my jacket!! (he obviously didnt like having his bottom trimmed!! Embarassed ) I had never had Buttons weighed, and he is a grand total weight of .... 1.2kg!! Laughing bless him he is so diddy!! she was happy with his weight though as he is certainly not skinny!! she then went to get the jab out of the fridge and he wriggled a bit as it went in pale and then he was periscoping on the table, then lept at me again, but this time for my shoulder!! thankfully I caught him and the vet helped me grab him!! I gave him a cuddle and back in the carrier he went!! although he tried to escape from that before I could close the door!! Rolling Eyes

the vets: "god does he ever stay still for more than 3 seconds?" - me: "No!!" Laughing

all in all an interesting trip to the vets!! Laughing
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Interesting trip to the vets!! Empty Re: Interesting trip to the vets!!

Post by icedancer Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Florence is a wuss with her injections, they have to give her an anasetic (sp) spray!!

Woah on the bunny sitting on the little girls lap. I'm not convinced I'd do that at the vet even if I could!

Hope Buttons has forgiven you!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Sounds like you had an eventful trip Laughing

In her last few years, I took Thumper to the vet and my mum's like that, but wrapped up in a towel in case she was cold. I always took the carrier with us to the vet though, just in case I felt she wasn't safe in my arms. (I was glad of that the day I fainted Laughing)

She always used to try to climb back into my arms when the vet was examining her Love And yip, get up on my shoulder Laughing Anything to get away from the nasty vet Laughing

You aren't doing anything wrong chick, they are just all different, just like us hoomins Smile I hate being picked up, but it might not bother the next person. Plus, he sounds like a little live wire Laughing and Thumper was really chilled out.

He sounds like a happy, healthy little man Very Happy
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:53 pm

I always have someone's dog trying to jump all over Marshalls carrier at the vets so there is no way i would let him just sit on my lap. I think you will find its more down to a calm temperament that he will sit on her lap more than repeatedly picking him up.

Aww poor little buttons, least its all over for a few months now.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Flo used to do the shoulder thing all the time - most of the time she would sail over the top and land on the floor. She is still very wriggly and always will be. Remember that some types of bun are more chilled than others.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Gloria used to climb up like that and try to launch herself. Wolfie used to just snuggle down and give the vet evils and Felix didn't seem to feel anything!

As for just taking your bun into the vets in your arms, what if there was a big bouncy dog. I just wouldn't chance it!!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Thats what you want though, a bun with Character!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Id rather have my 3 loons than something that just lazed around all day and looked pretty.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down