Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lovers Tiff!

+4
lizzi_b
KatieB
JoeyBunsMum
icedancer
8 posters

Go down

Lovers Tiff! Empty Lovers Tiff!

Post by icedancer Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:12 pm

I'm not sure what he's done, but Florence has got the right hump with Dougal. He keeps asking her for a groom and she's ignoring him, instead coming up to me and hubby Shocked

I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for him. She's been going hiding in the tunnel, and he's now followed her in there. I've asked him if he's been texting another girl and upset her Laughing

Maybe she just hasn't forgiven him for all his sleepiness yesterday Laughing Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Lovers Tiff! Empty Re: Lovers Tiff!

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Feel free to text me Florence to make him jealous. Love Joey x Wink

Me: No

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:48 pm

She's really got the hump about something, so I think she might text Joey as she isn't telling me or Dougal what's wrong Laughing If she does and you find out can you let me know!!

On the plus side, Dougal keeps coming up to me for strokes as she's ignoring him. I've managed to get a load of loose fur out of him and he's suddenly looking a lot thinner. When Florence does notice him getting attention she comes over, gives him a slight lick then goes off again No

But there have been hardly any stray poos in the play pen today cheers
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:53 pm

Will do Laughing Wink

At least Dougals behaving himself (for now..)

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:50 pm

Awww poor dougal!

I wonder what he has done to upset her ladyship?

Ill give you the same advice I gave my hubby when we first met Dougal. Us ladies are always right....keep that in mind and sulks will remain at a minimum!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Its still going on!! Even hubby has noticed. Dougal goes up, puts his head down and she hops off. They did eat dinner together, but somethings up with her No

He looks so lonely sat in the playpen by himself while she's in the house. If he goes in the house she comes out!!

I'm going to have to have words with them both in a minute, I'll pass on your message Katie!!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:12 pm

oh dear!! maybe Florence has realised she isn't the only beautiful bun in the house now!! or just the honeymoon period is already over and is now to normal marital conditions!! Laughing

I'm sure it will all settle again soon, he is still settling in and she is having to learn to share!!
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:15 pm

It did cross my mind that maybe she's starting to feel jealous, because I spent a lot of yesterday brushing Dougal, and again today, so maybe she doesn't want to share us with him.

It looks like she might now be trying to get attention from him, and he's ignoring her No

Maybe you're right Lizzi, its just normal married life for them now Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:03 pm

I just melted Love

They were both out in playpen, but still ignoring each other. As I walked past I stroked Florence, and Dougal came over for one too Love That's the first time he's done that.

I think he's starting to accept me as his mummy Love

But Florence is still being a stroppy madam
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:19 pm

They'll settle down, it has been a big change for both of them.

My Mummy and Daddy (Mrs Doyle and Father Jack) have an incredibly close bond - they are almost inseparable, pine if they are apart, accept each other immediately if they have been apart for a few days and each can barely move without the other one tagging along. They want nothing to do with other buns, and little to do with humans as long as the food keeps turning up. But even they, every now and again, seem to need a bit of space from each other.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:58 pm

What's strange is, there has been no humping. I was expecting some, especially with them moving into Florences teritory, but there has been nothing. Dougals done a bit of chin rubbing but that's it.

I wonder if that's what she's annoyed about Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:10 pm

Sorry but he sounds like the perfect husband to me!!! Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:03 am

Perhaps Florence was astute enough to realize that she would get a major hairball grooming the big fella. Razz Or in the spirit of strengthening the mother-in-law to son-in-law relationship she is forcing him to come to you. No Or she is wanting to punish him for not minding his litter box habits and peeing on your new carpet! Mad OR....all of the above! Thumbs Up

Don't you wish you knew? Wink
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:46 pm

lizzi_b wrote:oh dear!! maybe Florence has realised she isn't the only beautiful bun in the house now!! or just the honeymoon period is already over and is now to normal marital conditions!! Laughing

I'm sure it will all settle again soon, he is still settling in and she is having to learn to share!!

Return to normal marital conditions Laughing Laughing

I think Joey's had a text from Florence, but he won't tell me what it said Rolling Eyes

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:09 pm

I think a lot of bonded pairs have their up's and downs and days when one seem's to ignore the other but in the end they are still madly in love ( unless of course it's Rosie and Murphy) Rolling Eyes

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:19 pm

I suspect the problem is Dougal is becomming more interested in us. The first few days he was here he spent a lot of time in the house, and I think she quite liked ruling the roost.

Now though, if I put my hand into the pen, or even now go near the pen, Dougal is there saying hello. If I stroke Florence, he comes over. Last night he came over to say hello so I was stroking him, and Florence nudged him out of the way so she could get stroked Shocked I informed her that I do have two hands so can easily stroke both of them at the same time.

I think having me around on Friday and the weekend helped Dougal a lot, but I'm not sure Florence is ok about sharing us, which was one of my worries. I got up a few times in the night to check on them, as I left them in play pen overnight, and each time Dougal came bounding over at the sound of my voice.

She'll just have to learn to share us!!!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:03 pm

icedancer wrote:I suspect the problem is Dougal is becomming more interested in us. The first few days he was here he spent a lot of time in the house, and I think she quite liked ruling the roost.

Now though, if I put my hand into the pen, or even now go near the pen, Dougal is there saying hello. If I stroke Florence, he comes over. Last night he came over to say hello so I was stroking him, and Florence nudged him out of the way so she could get stroked Shocked I informed her that I do have two hands so can easily stroke both of them at the same time.

I think having me around on Friday and the weekend helped Dougal a lot, but I'm not sure Florence is ok about sharing us, which was one of my worries. I got up a few times in the night to check on them, as I left them in play pen overnight, and each time Dougal came bounding over at the sound of my voice.

She'll just have to learn to share us!!!

She will Bless her Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down