Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cecals

2 posters

Go down

Cecals Empty Cecals

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:19 am

Since her spay, Maggie has a lot more uneaten cecals. I know sometimes its quite normal for a few days, but her behaviour is back to normal and shes eating for england again. I even had to open her dog crate and give her a 4ft extension because she was going out of her tree and rattling the door like a rabbit posessed!

Its probably due to the amount of veg shes been eating since her spay. Ive cut it back down to the usual amount and she has her pellets as normal too. Shes not eating much hay though, and im wondering if thats partly the cause too. Im sprinkling readigrass and dried herbs in with it, but she doesnt seem too bothered about it. Any advice?
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Cecals Empty Re: Cecals

Post by icedancer Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:45 am

When Florence was spayed, for some reason she'd only eat hay if I handed it to her. I have no idea why!! It was the only way I could get her to eat it.

Have you got any Pro-C in her water?

I wonder if its just a bit painful for her to reach down to eat them.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:42 am

icedancer wrote:When Florence was spayed, for some reason she'd only eat hay if I handed it to her. I have no idea why!! It was the only way I could get her to eat it.

Have you got any Pro-C in her water?

I wonder if its just a bit painful for her to reach down to eat them.

No but ive got some protexin powder i can give her, she drinks from a syringe if i hold it to her mouth. I thought about that after i posted the thread. Ill give her some when i come home tonight.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:14 am

It may just be that she is feeling a bit sore to do the stretch down to reach for the cecals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down