Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A marriage made in heaven U/D Photos Cheryl!

+5
Sixer
Thumper2001
KatieB
icedancer
NickieM
9 posters

Go down

A marriage made in heaven U/D Photos Cheryl! Empty A marriage made in heaven U/D Photos Cheryl!

Post by NickieM Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:06 pm

Well I have had an incredibly busy weekend. Saturday was my youngest son's 18 birthday and he had asked if he could have some friends over (20!). I decided that it was going to be really noisy in the house and I didn't want the bunnies scared by drunken teens looking at them, so I decided to have a go at introducing then to each other.

It is now about two weeks since they were neutered and both have healed really well. They have been eating, pooping and peeing so were absolutely fine.

Started off in the bathroom as it is small, has vinyl flooring,which is slippery and makes them a bit cautious and totally neutral. Straight away, Dave was in there for a hump. Sasha tolerated it, but that was IT!! He never got to go near her again. She is so good at dodging away from him and in the end would just turn around and start to groom him. He eventually gave up although he makes the odd half-hearted attempt.

So within 1 hour they were behaving completely normally. Absolutely no aggression (they had previously been together) and signed of submissiveness on Sasha's part which placated Dave for her no-nookie approach. I decided to see how they would do outside in a small part of the outdoor run. They instantly started eating grass and acting like an old-married couple, so I opened up the whole run. It was just lovely as there were lots of binkies and bunny 500s.

I got really excited waiting for them to find the burrow. It was frustrating because they were so caution about the A-frame which covers the entrance. Eventually, Sasha found the second entrance which is basically a hole in the roof of the tunnel and popped in and then came out the entrance in the A-frame. The look on Dave's face was amazing, 'How did she get in there!' He ran around the A-frame but kept missing the entrances. Sasha even went over the the hole and popped out then went in again to show him, but he still missed it. He is a bit thick our Dave! Laughing

Now they have found it there are lots of high-speed burn offs to see how quickly they can scoot in it. It is lovely because they white scuts are held high as they run. So cute.

They spent last night in their new home and were very good and went into bed at 4.30 pm with a bribe of some veg. They come when called and tend to follow me when I am in the run. They just stay near me all the time - they think I have food obviously!

Today their hutch was fairly clean. Poos in the litter tray although a few in their sitting area. So will think about another tray to make cleaning quick and easy. They are eating tons of hay and I intend to really keep their pellets and veg down to a minimum. We have huge golden poos. Love

So, so far, it is a complete success. Thumbs Up

(I have taken pictures, but my phone and my notebook won't communicate and my IT consultant is out with his mates) Laughing Will pop some up later. Wave

Last edited by NickieM on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

A marriage made in heaven U/D Photos Cheryl! Empty Re: A marriage made in heaven U/D Photos Cheryl!

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:25 pm

Good news indeed A marriage made in heaven U/D Photos Cheryl! Bounce016

Not sure I am accepting the photo excuse though! Laughing

Back to top Go down

A marriage made in heaven U/D Photos Cheryl! Empty Re: A marriage made in heaven U/D Photos Cheryl!

Post by NickieM Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:28 pm

Honestly, I was really excited and took pictures and then my laptop did this plinky plonky noise when I plugged in the cable and said it couldn't find any software, but I know it is there!!!

Once my IT consultant returns from watching Rugby (Scotland v France and probably a bloodbath) I will post them. Although because they are wildie looking buns it is really hard to see them as they blend into their environment really well.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:34 pm

cheers it sounds like a three way match in heaven

So glad they have settled in so nicely.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Awww how brilliant! Bless them! I do soooo love a happy ending. Love
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:01 pm

Katieb wrote:Awww how brilliant! Bless them! I do soooo love a happy ending. Love
Me too! And this couldn't have worked out better Very Happy

It's great to hear they've settled in so well. I'm so happy they ended up with you Nickie Smile

Bless Dave missing the burrow Laughing Dur!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Goodness - I am so out of touch here, what lovely news to hear of Dave and Sasha Very Happy

Am looking forward to the piccies - I have an IT consultant too Smile

He is currently upstairs with his plumbing head on putting in a new loo!
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:39 pm

A marriage made in heaven U/D Photos Cheryl! DSC00228

A marriage made in heaven U/D Photos Cheryl! DSC00227

A marriage made in heaven U/D Photos Cheryl! DSC00226

A marriage made in heaven U/D Photos Cheryl! DSC00229

It looks a bit scruffy because the grass has grown wild since August. No doubt it will be a well manicured bowling green very soon! Laughing Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:03 pm

I can't tell them apart in any of those pics Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:16 pm

I know! Laughing

I think the single bun is Sasha and the next is Sasha in front and Dave at the back. I think! Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Thank you Nickie! Laughing

They certainly look quite content with their scruffy grass. My pair would be pleased to have any grass at all at the moment.

I think looking at your pair compared to Flo I understand that agouti genetics thing a bit better. I don't know if you saw it on one of Thumper2001's threads but I found a bit about agouti genetics that said that from 2 agouti parents you might get a true wild agouti colouring (each fur hair is multi coloured black and tan banded, white belly, strong pale areas around eyes and chin, black tips), a self tan, a self black, or a sort of domestic agouti colouring where each hair is either black or tan but together the mix gives a very similar look to the wild agouti, they don't have the full white bellies and lightening on the face markings are less defined.

Now I know Flo is the wild agouti type but something in the colouring of Dave and Sasha looks different from Flo. I certainly think their face markings are less defined. So are they the domestic type agouti? (obviously I can't see their bellies in you photos). Or is the difference in the other side of the breeding - Flo's mum is a silver rex and I think she certainly gets some of her shape and her greyness from her mum.

Just curious having opened the agouti genetics bag of worms.

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:31 pm

They look so happy Love What a happy ending for them both
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:34 pm

It is fascinating isn't it.

They are so much more like rabbits than any others that I have had - if that makes sense!

Sasha has a very dainty feminine face and has a dot of beige on her nose. She has a white tummy.

Dave has a white left paw and a white tummy.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:38 pm

My girl has a white bit on her nose/lip just like her mum Very Happy
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Thank you so much for this story Nickie, I loved reading about them! And those photos are lovely. They sound like they have settled in perfectly. What happy and special buns.
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:My girl has a white bit on her nose/lip just like her mum Very Happy

I hope the boy hasn't inherited any of his Dads traits Shocked Laughing Shocked
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:58 pm

icedancer wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:My girl has a white bit on her nose/lip just like her mum Very Happy

I hope the boy hasn't inherited any of his Dads traits Shocked Laughing Shocked
That's not even funny Wink

I'm hoping he's a gay bun Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:07 pm

oh wow they are stunning so glad they are well matched. Very Happy

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:53 am

What a lovely couple! Love Nice when they bond easy!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:11 am

Oh Wow! Dave and Sasha are stunning they are like twins Love Love

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:35 am

Goodness they are beautiful. I bet they love all that grazing.

I want to pick them up and give them a great big Kiss!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:13 am

Oh, they are so very beautiful - gorgeous colouring. And their ears Love Love Love

They look very much at home Very Happy
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:11 pm

Katieb wrote:Goodness they are beautiful. I bet they love all that grazing.

Dave will tolerate being lifted briefly to be checked, but Sasha is a struggler. And she grunts if you touch her when she is eating! No No She is definitely going to be the boss out of that two you know. It's just that poor Dave is too thick to realise. Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:37 pm

NickieM wrote:
Katieb wrote:Goodness they are beautiful. I bet they love all that grazing.

Dave will tolerate being lifted briefly to be checked, but Sasha is a struggler. And she grunts if you touch her when she is eating! No No She is definitely going to be the boss out of that two you know. It's just that poor Dave is too thick to realise. Laughing

ha ha - My nan always says its the quiet ones you need to watch! ha ha

She is just waiting til they are settled and then look out!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:42 am

They are beautiful! They look somewhat like my Thumper although I think my little guy is bigger and has longer ears. He has very long ears it seems to me, but then all my other bunns have been lops!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down