Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunny Behaviour

3 posters

Go down

Is the behaviour of bonded a bun affected by the behaviour of it's mate?

Bunny Behaviour Vote_lcap100%Bunny Behaviour Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 5 ]
Bunny Behaviour Vote_lcap0%Bunny Behaviour Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Bunny Behaviour Vote_lcap0%Bunny Behaviour Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Bunny Behaviour Empty Bunny Behaviour

Post by Father Jack Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:48 am

I'm so insulted! Hudad has accused me of behaving like a............. rabbit! Shocked

I've definitely been feeling better this morning and hudad let me outside. So I've been rushing in and out, in and out, in and out. I've been chinning all sorts of things. I've been sticking my tongue out at Rosie and Dougal and I attempted a mini-binky on the drive.

So hudad has got to wondering about bunny behaviour.

His thought is that the behaviour of one bunny is very much influenced by the behaviour and personality of it's bonded mate. For instance, Mrs Doyle was a very chilled and quiet bun. She'd often sit around doing not much at all with the occasional blasts of energy and playing. When she started feeling ill, she tended to remain pretty much motionless, only moving around for food, water and the toilet.

Hudad says that my behaviour was pretty much the same. Mrs Doyle and myself were very closely bonded, having been together pretty much since we were born. However, only a few days after Mrs Doyle left for the Bridge, I'm told that I'm behaving like a proper bunny. I'm behaving a lot like Sparky, so I am told, but without the temper tantrums Laughing

Hudad is asking for your opinions on this...
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Bunny Behaviour Empty Re: Bunny Behaviour

Post by icedancer Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:27 am

When Florence was alone she was destructive. She nipped clothes, scratched and bit at cushions/sofa throws, but was very cuddly and let us pick her up. Now Dougal has moved in she never bites clothes, and isn't destructive at all. On the flip side too when Dougal first moved in he refused to jump and come out of the pen, now he sees how much fun Florence has he has started to follow her about and play too.

Florence no longer let's us pick her up though, whereas before she did. Dougal used to be fine with it and now he's the same.

I think their behaviour is based on their partners. Mine definitely are.
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:27 am

Flo us much calmer with Bruce around. They certainly look to each other to discover how to do things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:17 am

Ted was most definitely affected by his bond with Toffee. When he was a lone bun he was so skittish and wouldn't let me near for stroking or nose rubs or anything. It broke my heart! But once we had Toffee he mellowed a lot. He is still mental, and everyone involved in bonding the 2 of them at Pawz knows him as "Wild Ted", but he is so much happier and more laid back, just like our Toffee.

He'll now let us pet him - when I walk into the room they come running over, weaving in and out of my feet (although I'm not sure if this is affection or them trying to kill me) and then when I crouch down they let me give them a big fuss and won't let me leave! Love

So yes, I'd say he has definitely been affected by the bond - but in an awesome way!
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down