Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring Clean U/D open plan living area!

4 posters

Go down

Spring Clean U/D open plan living area! Empty Spring Clean U/D open plan living area!

Post by Dotdot Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:25 pm

I just attacked the shed with the hoover. I thought, hey ho it's officially spring so what better excuse to start a spring clean.
I moved everything outside (minus the hutch as that is far too big for me to move) and hoovered every inch. It's surprising how much fur can hide in the smallest of places, not to mention 15 horrible lacewings that just appeared over night on the inside of the fly screen.
I've taken the duvet off of the hutch and taken the newspaper and cardboard lining from inside the bed so it's not so stuffy in there for them. If it does get too cold I can just pop the heat pad in or some extra hay.

I've come out with ripped tights and splinters but it's all spick and span for the next... ohh 4 hours? Rolling Eyes Laughing

Tomorrow will be surface and toilet wipe down with vinegar. Thumbs Up

Oh. And I had a good chuckle at the sound of the poo bouncing up the hoover hose.

Last edited by Dotdot on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Spring Clean U/D open plan living area! Empty Re: Spring Clean U/D open plan living area!

Post by icedancer Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:55 pm

Have they made a mess yet Wink

Did they try and help you do it? My two very helpfully always try and lift up the dutpan No
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Spring Clean U/D open plan living area! Empty Re: Spring Clean U/D open plan living area!

Post by Dotdot Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:12 pm

Ah yes, the dustpan. I often fill that up with poos and then one of them tips it out of my hand and I just watch in dismay as they just roll in different directions Laughing

I'll admit I shut them out in the run for an hour while I did this just incase one of them got in the way of the hoover haha.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:22 pm

Dougal loves doing that! He waits for me to put it down for a brief second and is there to tip it up No Laughing I now lock them away so I can do it without them "helping" Laughing

Glad its not just mine Wink
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:00 pm

I thought I'd go out and see what damage had been done, and I was pleasantly surprised to see its still quite tidy apart from a few bits of stray litter and 7 horrible lacewings that have appeared out of nowhere Mad
I did come across this though. I saw Jeeves laying on something when I came in but had no idea what it was. When I looked, it was the partition in the top of the hutch. They had somehow pulled it down and blocked off the top of the stairs with it.
Spring Clean U/D open plan living area! 6197bf83Spring Clean U/D open plan living area! 662d9501

scratch I've no idea how they did it. It slides in between two bits of wood either side and I struggled to get it back in!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Laughing Clever bunnies!!

I just had to look up what a lacewing is Embarassed
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:13 pm

Shocked that's quite impressive! One must've given the other one a bunk up Laughing
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:36 pm

I did the same today as the buns wernt at home.

Its amazing how much annie hair was hiding in places!

I guess Tigger and Jeeves fancied more of an open plan look....spring is the time for re-decorating after all!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down