Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

smokey still doesnt seem ready to have the snip

4 posters

Go down

smokey still doesnt seem ready to have the snip Empty smokey still doesnt seem ready to have the snip

Post by dizzylynn Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:14 pm

I am wondering if smokey is going to be ready soon, I thought he would be old enough by now, and well lets just say he made a mess round the front of rosies hutch while they were kissing throught the bars, hubby called me out, lets just say its covered in funny coloured creamy stuff ewwwww. Should I take him down and see if he can be done even tho he hasnt dropped.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

smokey still doesnt seem ready to have the snip Empty Re: smokey still doesnt seem ready to have the snip

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:37 pm

He may well be retaining them. I would certainly talk to the vet about what to do.

Back to top Go down

smokey still doesnt seem ready to have the snip Empty Re: smokey still doesnt seem ready to have the snip

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:50 pm

How old is he?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:26 pm

I got him the 1st week in dec, they were small but mum is a mini rex. Tina said they were 10 - 12 weeks approx, but I felt they were really wee so thought more like 8 weeks. approx 16 weeks plus the 8 or 12 weeks, minimum 24 weeks max 28. Been checking him weekly but still nothing however hes made a mess lol. He loveeeeeeeeeeees rosie, not allowed near her without the bars, but not sure how charlie will react when he comes across the mess.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:35 pm

I'm new to this boy bun business myself but I've read on a few different websites that they can do what Cheryl mentions ^
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:37 pm

I want him done so can get them bonded, once she is done too that is, will cut her chances of cancer, money is set aside for both there opps and bonnie my westies opp waiting but not booked them in yet been so busy with stuff for renewal, booking bonnie in next week, will speak to vet about smokey get him done then rosie the following week.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:38 pm

It can happen in a lot of species. I know about it from horses really. Yet again I find myself pointing out that rabbits and horses really are very similar. I am guessing that the vet should be able to operate to remove the withheld testes.

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:41 pm

Hopefully, would be really sad if cant bond them, I mean the opps is mostly internal anyway with male rabbits unlike male cats or dogs, most is inside thats why its a bit more expensive to have a male bunny done than a male cat. So hopefully it want make any difference, he must be ready going by the mess he made.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:41 pm

Junior is being done tomorrow, he is only 12 weeks so I'm sure he will be ready and is just hiding them from you Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:03 pm

lol I bet he is hiding them, waits till I lie him on his back and thinks noooo way shes not taking them, hide them time.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:25 am

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:It can happen in a lot of species. I know about it from horses really. Yet again I find myself pointing out that rabbits and horses really are very similar. I am guessing that the vet should be able to operate to remove the withheld testes.

Yes that's quite true about horses, they are usually known as a rig.
A true rig is a male horse that is carrying either one or two testicles concealed in its abdomen, making it visually appear to be a gelding, while behaving like a stallion.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:48 am

Rudy retained his and he was nearly 2 when he had his done
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum