Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes and prayers for Thumper please!/ UD Thumper is good!!!

+5
Rachel&Nibbler
Sparky
icedancer
Tuckerbunnies
gentl
9 posters

Go down

Vibes and prayers for Thumper please!/ UD Thumper is good!!! Empty Vibes and prayers for Thumper please!/ UD Thumper is good!!!

Post by gentl Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:11 am

My Thumper has stopped eating! He didn't eat his carrot chunk this AM nor his greens this afternoon. He even shook his head no for apple! When he doesn't want to eat something he will shake his head no. He let me hold him and check him over, which is something he doesn't do without protest. His stomach doesn't seem hard or distended. He let me brush him for the longest time. This was the first we have brushed him...we just got the brush.

He is drinking some water but we aren't sure how much since we have switched him from his water bottle to his bowl. He has seemed to prefer the bowl. I'm glad I listened to the advice here.

I'm truly perplexed. He's not as active as usual and not eating. He seems to be drinking and pooping OK. No discharge from eyes or nose. His abdomen isn't tender or distended. Hubby has gone to get a stethoscope since we cannot find mine so I can listen for bowel sounds. His eyes are bright. He doesn't have a temp. I can get a peek at the lower molars and they seem fine.

We are expecting some extremely severe weather. There has already been several tornadoes in the state. He may be distressed by the weather? The air pressure is really dropping and my fibromyalgia and osteo are killing me so he may be hurting too? The thunder and wind must sound incredibly loud with those big uppy ears of his. So please send get well vibes and say a prayer for my little guy. Thank you! Hugs

~holly~

Last edited by gentl on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Vibes and prayers for Thumper please!/ UD Thumper is good!!! Empty Re: Vibes and prayers for Thumper please!/ UD Thumper is good!!!

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:59 am

Hi Holly,

I'm sorry to hear that Thumper isn't to well, going by what you have said and unless he has a molar spur I think there is a good chance it is the weather as rabbit's pick up on weather changes especially if it's severe. Our's all thump like mad well before a storm and usually don't eat.
Rabbits can be very sensitive to the changes in barometric pressure that signal drastic weather changes such as storms.
I would keep an eye on him and see how he goes. I will be logged on till about 3.00 am if there is any change Holly.

Sending Vibes for Thumper xxxx and praying he is ok Vibes and prayers for Thumper please!/ UD Thumper is good!!! Pray

Hugs xx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Vibes and prayers for Thumper please!/ UD Thumper is good!!! Empty Re: Vibes and prayers for Thumper please!/ UD Thumper is good!!!

Post by gentl Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:06 am

Thanks Maysie! Hubby didn't tell me he didn't eat his carrot chunk this AM. He's sort of been off his greens lately too but he's done that before. The mix changes a bit every so often depending on which greens are freshest and he loves the arugula best!

This entire weekend has the potential to be the worst storms on record. Our weather has been extreme the past 2 years. Hottest summer, almost warmest winter on record, extreme drought, last year's tornadoes! Joplin is about an hour's drive from our home and much of the city there was leveled by an F 5 tornado. Our weather is the warmest Spring on record too. The flowers that usually don't come out until mid May are already out.

A community near her has an azalea festival last half of April. People come from all over the world. Lots of tours etc. The azaleas have bloomed and gone. Our trees are almost all in full leaf. A month ahead of time.

Thumper is hiding under the bed right now and we can't get him out. Silly rabbit. I want to listen to his bowel sounds. If they are normal I'll rest easier. Thanks again, Maysie! Hugs
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:15 am

Thumper ate some apple! And he's even jumping up on the bed to say hello 5 times now. He's NEVER done that. He's running all over the place. It has to be the weather! I'll keep checking on him tonight. It's 11pm here now. Oh! He just jumped up again and gave me a nip on the foot!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:03 am

Hope he's ok now

Hugs to you and Thumper
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:39 am

Oh Thumper, I do hope you are ok - eat some noms Hugs

And I hope all of you stay safe over there, however bad the storms get Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:11 am

Poor Thumper, hope you're feeling right as rain now!

Sending vibes your way just in case Smile
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:10 am

It certainly sounds like it's the weather unsettling him, I can always tell what kind of Winter we are going to have the following year by how heavy a rabbit moult's. If it's a bad and heavy moult we have a bad Winter.

Rosie has not stopped thumping this morning and it's raining at the moment and Mike has just said that we are forecast thunder and so no doubt she has picked up on it already.

I hope you will all be ok and stay safe Hugs

Sending 'Calming' Vibes for Thumper xxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:57 am

Sending vibes for him holly, I hope it's just the weather upsetting him x

Hope the storm isn't to bad hun x x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:41 pm

How's Thumper now Holly ?

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Vibes and prayers for Thumper please!/ UD Thumper is good!!! Empty Vibes and prayers for Thumper please!/ 8 AM CDT Improved!

Post by gentl Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:50 pm

Thumper is still asleep this AM, but last night he perked up and ate some apple and a few strands of hay. He made a game out of jumping on the bed, perhaps giving me a nip on the ankle, demanding grooming, either sit on my chest or try to sit on my head! A LITTLE bit of dominant behavior there don't ya think! Wink He wanted to be brushed and he watched Sparky & Gizmos latest video and one with Stewie! He just sat beside me on the bed and REALLY watched on the laptop. None of the above has ever been characteristic behavior of my laid back bunny. He seemed quite happy.

I'm convinced it is the weather. The wind and lightening must be frightfully loud to him. The closest severe weather was about 100 miles from us last night, but this evening the really bad weather is supposed to hit here. Our tornadoes here can be much stronger than than those you get in the UK with winds reaching 261–318 mph(419–512 km/h). Not all are that strong of course, but they can completely wipe a small community off the map. One hit the neighborhood where I grew up and some of the brick houses were stripped down to the slab foundation. No walls--even the bricks and part of the road were sucked up. Our house was completely untouched. Not a blade of grass out of place yet all around us was chaos.

I need to go check on him again. Thanks everyone for being so supportive! Hugs Hugs Hugs It's so scary to see them not themselves.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:03 pm

There is nothing worse Gentl love than knowing there is something not right with our pets. I hope he gets better soon and please keep us updated.

Love and hugs.

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:11 pm

how is he today?

Is he munching okay?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:37 pm

Hope Thumper is ok

Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Vibes and prayers for Thumper please!/ UD Thumper is good!!! Empty Vibes and prayers for Thumper please!/ He's just Fine now!

Post by gentl Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:39 pm

Thank you fellow Hoppers for the vibes and prayers! Hugs Thumper is better than fine cheers healthwise however he is a heavy contender for the Norty Award this week Twisted Evil . Photographic evidence will be available in Photoshoots later today.

~holly~
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:50 pm

Brilliant news!!!

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:08 pm

I'm glad Thumper is ok!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:16 pm

Yay! Happy Dance

I'm glad that he's feeling better Very Happy

and that we'll get some piccies of him Very Happy

but not that he has been norty.... No (I'm such a hypocrite Embarassed Wink )
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:43 pm

Thumper is just fine now. Nortier than he has ever been though! More loving too.
He's constantly wanting attn. He even groomed me early this AM.

Once that weather front finally pushed through he started eating normally. It must
have caused a pressure difference that hurt his ears or sinuses. My jaw was aching, so
his may have been as well.

I've got pictures of his new 'skills' that have made him a norty step contender. I put
them up later. I had a little box of Junior Mints laying here on the bed and he jumped
up and got one! Luckily they aren't covered with too much chocolate.

Thank you Maysie, Carla, Katie, Sparky, Rachael, Jo and all the HH peeps for their vibes
and prayers.

~holly~
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:01 pm

I'm so glad Thumper is feeling better obviously a lot better if he is being a norty bunny Thumbs Up

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:56 pm

so sorry i missed this holly but i'm so glad thumper is ok Happy Dance Happy Dance x

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:52 pm

That is great news, I am so pleased love.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down