Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Put D&S together again. U/D Wed AM advice?

+7
Thumper2001
icedancer
SarahJane
Sparky
KatieB
Dotdot
marleyNfriends
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Put D&S together again. U/D Wed AM advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Put D&S together again. U/D Wed AM advice?

Post by Sparky Tue May 08, 2012 5:18 pm

I don't want to put a downer on it, but Humum was watching one on eBay which had been fully converted for rabbits and would have been ideal for someone wanting to upgrade from a hutch - she couldn't believe it when it went for under £100 Sad

ETA - you might get more if you cleaned it up and converted it back to a kiddies playhouse....
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Put D&S together again. U/D Wed AM advice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Put D&S together again. U/D Wed AM advice?

Post by marleyNfriends Tue May 08, 2012 5:25 pm

I know Sad Dad seems to think its worth a fortune because of what i spent doing it up, but just because its worth a lot to me, doesnt mean it will be to someone else! Laughing

Mum suggested keeping the larger playhouse, and using it for storing all of my things in - i would rather do that. But if were keeping it, id rather house bunnies in it!! Rolling Eyes
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed May 16, 2012 7:04 am

Morning guys. I spent the night on the sofa, while Davie and Skye spent their first night together in a 5 sided pen. Im just wondering if theres anything else i can do/looking for some reassurance as things seem to be going quite slowly.

They just have a waterbottle and some hay on the floor. They share their pellets and veg in a bowl quite happily. When i put them together they ignored eachother initially and then Davie began humping Skye from all directions on and off for the rest of the evening. She looked like a toilet brush!!

Skye isnt getting too stressed out, she tends to sit in one place, but isnt as stressed as she was when i bonded the trio as shes been eating and moving around much more. Very submissive as usual though - i know its a good thing, but i would prefer it if she was dominant. She did wriggle from under him and box him, but he wasnt bothered. Laughing

Anyway, this morning things are fairly quiet. No humping going on, but not much of anything else either. Davie (I know im struggling to call him Billy! lol) was sat in one spot and Skye was sat at the other side. He groomed her a bit last night, but nothing to really write home about.

Is there anything i should do? Or should i just leave them? There have been no real problems, i was wondering if it would be ok to leave them while i go to college?
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 16, 2012 8:34 am

I would certainly leave them together - I am not sure how I would feel about leaving them to go to college, but you will have to leave them at some point.

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed May 16, 2012 9:00 am

Ive stayed off today. Ive got work i can be getting on with from home, but its a bit of a pain because it means i wont get my bursary this week. Rolling Eyes

Ill split the 100cm cages up into 2 seperate cages again and put them in there if i dont feel i can leave them tomorrow. Davie is currently flopped out, and Skye is munching hay. I dont think they are going to be head over heals with eachother, i think its going to be something that develops over time once Skye realises that hes not going to chase her or hump her every time he approaches. Laughing

Hes currently flopped out in a sunny spot and Skye is munching hay. Will upload some pictures or a video or something when i get chance, but im going to crack on with this assignment. Wave
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Wed May 16, 2012 10:47 am

Its going well Sophia, slow is good. I have done bonds before where nothing has happened for like 3 days, and it is frustrating but at the same time its a good sign.

Most bonds dont do much for a good 24 hours and then you see all the loveliness! Skye is probably a bit confused too,so give it another day or so and I expect you will have love buns!

good luck x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed May 16, 2012 11:35 am

Okie doke. I could have been at college though Laughing the pair of them are just sat half asleep!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Wed May 16, 2012 11:53 am

Yeh thats usually the way, and they will decide to have the humping/chasing couple of hours in the middle of the night....typical buns! Laughing

but it sounds like its going fab x
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed May 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Right, heres the pictures. I thought id keep them both seperate, or this thread might get veeery long!

https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/t17378-davie-and-skye
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Wed May 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Love They are so gorgeous together
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed May 16, 2012 4:40 pm

Rachel&Nibbler wrote: Love They are so gorgeous together
They're an odd couple! Laughing
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next