Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

edge hutch doors

2 posters

Go down

edge hutch doors Empty edge hutch doors

Post by dizzylynn Mon May 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Can anyone suggest something I can put over the edging round the hutch doors, rosie has nibbled the frame where the wire front goes in, I am worried she gets down to the screws that hold the mesh in, so tomorow or wednesday will need to do something before she gets further down. I thought maybe the wood decorating edging you get in b&q might do but its pine I think and dont know if it would be suitable, or the mouldings for hiding joins in wood. She has loads to chew on, could be because she hasnt been able to get out due to her opperations, shes been bored more than normal. She has 2 big tubes to chew on, her arch, chew toys, chews on the top door and loads o fresh hay. Smokey has been nibbling the bootom of his door frame but I think its because he can see daylight there as its not totally flush, over laps but its not a tight fit so he see's outside and thinks if I chew enough I will get out lol, I should be able to hide that with a narrow panel of wood about half inch thick so he cant see out.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

edge hutch doors Empty Re: edge hutch doors

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon May 07, 2012 1:44 pm

Mike said the only thing you could do is go to B&Q and they sell metal L shaped edging strips, unfortunately most rabbits nibble their hutch door's there, Rosie and Murphy have nibbled their hutch doors back and front and before today I have had to take nails out while Mike replaces the wood edging.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Mon May 07, 2012 2:47 pm

I am going to have to take the screws out soon, or cover them, she was out to play for half an hour while I scrubbed her hutch, her wound is healed enough not to cause any bother so let her out for short play tryign to clean it with her in it is not fun lol, she chases the dustpan brush. She was having a ball just playing with the dogs and nosing me.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down