Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

parsley's odd

4 posters

Go down

parsley's odd  Empty parsley's odd

Post by fiver Fri May 11, 2012 7:46 am

behaviour,
he started thumping so i went to see what's wrong and he charged at me and i felt his teeth on my hand but did not bite me i picked him up and cuddled him and he seemed fine after that then he thumped again in the night and when i went to him he was ok but this morning something had blown over in the garden so we must have had a strong wind so maybe he picked up on that scratch
he seems fine this morning just a little edgy

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

parsley's odd  Empty Re: parsley's odd

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Fri May 11, 2012 10:06 am

I think they hear a lot of things we don't, Nibbler sometimes scrambles from where he's sitting to hide starts thumping when literally nothing has happened! I wish I knew what it was.

Glad Parsley's feeling better this morning Smile
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Fri May 11, 2012 10:18 am

Glad Parsley is happier than what he was.

The night before last Tigger had a moment like this, she was eating her last bit of carrot when she must have heard something. She sat up straight, her eyes went incredibly wide and she just froze. I talked to her a bit and she still sat there like a statue. In the end she ran away and thumped leaving her carrot on the floor! She thumped again and again until she went to the top of the hutch where she finished her carrot when I gave it back to her.

They can hear all sorts that we can't and I normally have really good hearing. I never did find what set her off.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri May 11, 2012 1:47 pm

Oh, they hears so many more things! Last night Thumper went on full alert and froze in a periscope mode. Hubby looked everywhere to see what had caused him such distress but found nothing. Usually it is a neighbor's cat that is the offender. But last night it happened right about the time of a 3.9 earthquake! No wonder he was so scared! Can you imagine what the rumble sounded like to him? That would be one LOUD thump!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: