Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Davie's poo pics. What do you think?

+2
Tuckerbunnies
marleyNfriends
6 posters

Go down

Davie's poo pics. What do you think?  Empty Davie's poo pics. What do you think?

Post by marleyNfriends Thu May 31, 2012 10:31 pm

These poos are like the poos he was doing when he first arrived, except when he came, there was more uneated cecals and squishy poos too. These are quite large and elongated. He is moulting, and these are a bit hairy, but im not sure if thats just from the hair thats in the pen.

Davie's poo pics. What do you think?  2012-05-31221802

This is the size of his poo normally - I know these poos are a bit dark, they are a couple of months old now, ive kept them for my college project Embarassed Laughing But this is just for a size/shape comparison.

Davie's poo pics. What do you think?  2012-05-31221815

What do you think?
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Davie's poo pics. What do you think?  Empty Re: Davie's poo pics. What do you think?

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu May 31, 2012 10:40 pm

Irregular long shaped fecal droppings can be due to dehydration, lack of fiber in the diet, ingestion of hair, disease, or medication.

I just looked it up on Medi rabbit.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Davie's poo pics. What do you think?  Empty Re: Davie's poo pics. What do you think?

Post by marleyNfriends Thu May 31, 2012 10:44 pm

Hmmm. Its probably because hes moulting then. Is there anything i can do, other than keep giving him hay? Someone suggested i tried pineapple, but ive heard all sorts of arguments for and against and i really dont know what to do. Will probiotics help? I have some Protexin and Pro-C
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu May 31, 2012 10:48 pm

We give them pineapple about 5 mls in a syringe Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu May 31, 2012 10:50 pm

Can i not just give him fresh pineapple? Im not sure which juice i should be buying, thats all.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu May 31, 2012 10:57 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:Can i not just give him fresh pineapple? Im not sure which juice i should be buying, thats all.

The supermarkets do small cartons of pure pineapple juice those are the ones you want.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:46 am

I agree with Maysie about the pineapple juice! I also feed a few of the pineapple tidbits as they are quite juicy. I just buy the single serving kind like you get for the lunch box. That was it doesn't go to waste. The unused packages are shelf stable. Smile
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:23 am

Thanks. Ill get some later today when i go for some bunny veg.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:53 am

i tend to use fresh pineapple as sometimes they add lemon juice to help it keep longer in the packaging

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:19 pm

I'd say offer him some 'treat' hays as I call them to get some more fibre in. Also grass.

I give a bit of fresh pineapple to my two. Tesco do mini snack sticks Thumbs Up and morrisons do small snack packs (both for kids)
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:30 pm

He gets timothy and rye hay and grass most days.
I cant leave the house today, as B&Q are dropping off the new playhouse between 2.30 and 5.30 and someone has to be in for it.
My friend has brought me some apple juice for me and 100% pineapple juice for Davie. Love He even said he read the whole thing before to make sure there were no extra sugars or anything in it. Bless him. albino
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:41 pm

when Myrtle is moulting (which seems to be most of the time!) we try to groom her and pluck out the loose fur as much as possible so that it isn't eaten. Unfortunately Myrtle is too suspicious of pineapple.

She will also do a slightly longer than usual poo when she has eaten a chunk of banana.

your pics of poos look about right for a moulty bun
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:43 pm

hmmm... to be sure though you could pick them apart to see if there is hair inside....
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Ive seen these poos before, but never in my own buns, the nethies do strings of pearls when theyre moulting.

He has had some pineapple juice now anyway, he seemed to enjoy it once i got him to accept the syringe!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down