Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

smokey and rosies 1st night together

4 posters

Go down

smokey and rosies 1st night together Empty smokey and rosies 1st night together

Post by dizzylynn Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Well after checking on them before I went to bed at 10 last night everything was fine. I was really paranoid but they must have slept all night, altho she did widdle in his bed, so I cleaned them out this morning and put an extra litter try in from her house, and cleaned out both hutches, I have removed the small door from the 2 level hutch so they can jump in and out as they please, it didnt keep the wind out anyway its a wire door, still to put the cat flap on the play house tho, didnt get chance to do it today. They have spent most of the day cuddling together in the top of the hutch. Smokey has now stopped showing aggression at brooke, and seems much more gentle over all must be rosies gentle nature rubbing off on him lol. I think they should be fine now, loads of room for them both.

I have the chance of another 2 buns, was thinking about getting a female for charlie still so he has company but Tina cant tell what they are, its my 2s siblings as well so not sure if should take 1 of them and see if its a girl, or take them both to vet ask him if there is a girl, but thing is I wouldnt want to take the other one back, she wants perm homes for them straight away. I would take them if didnt have the 2 cats, but feel 5 buns is going a bit over board.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

smokey and rosies 1st night together Empty Re: smokey and rosies 1st night together

Post by Sparky Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:50 pm

I'm glad Smokey and Rosie are getting on so well Very Happy

If you take on another young bunny, you would not be able to put her with Charlie straight away and you'd have the hassle and expense of spaying her etc. Then they might not get on anyway. I'd take Charlie to a rescue and let him pick a girl he likes.

It's a bit of a worry that your friend keeps ending up with baby bunnies and that they need homes 'now' Hmmm - what's the situation there?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

smokey and rosies 1st night together Empty Re: smokey and rosies 1st night together

Post by dizzylynn Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Shes a friend of a friend really, she owns a reptile shop, but has buns as pets, theres about 4 or 5, she doesnt have them spayed and think the kids open the hutch and let the male get the girls pregs now and again. She wont spay them tho, cant judge her as dont know her well, I do think she could do alot better for them like I have done, but she does care if she sees any being starved misstreated she takes them in, and has them vet checked. She has chickens too and guinipigs, horses, torts, birds.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:00 pm

I dont know if its worth upsetting things or just to leave charlie, he can see the other 2 they are side by side runs, just inch seps them, he gets loads of attention from the kids or from us and is never really alone. So is he really suffering being on his own or is he happy and settled.
I got the other 2 thinking they were girls for him, but worked out not to be, but dont regret having them, there sweet hearts and I love them all just as much as charlie my birthday pressie to myself.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:39 pm

Thats them tucked in for the night, put them to bed early as I am pretty tired, they were snuggled together in my arms while I put them in the house, used food again to distract them, they seemed starving must be using more energy playing.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:37 pm

I'm so glad that you now have SNUGGLE BUNNIES Rosie and Smokey! Love Love
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Isn;t it lovely to see them snuggle up together? Mine used to sometimes lie nose to tail.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:04 pm

He is grooming her eats, if he stops she nudges him lol.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum