Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thumper has been very BAD! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......

+4
Thumper2001
fiver
Dotdot
gentl
8 posters

Go down

Thumper has been very BAD!  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...... Empty Thumper has been very BAD! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......

Post by gentl Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:31 am

My Thumper was an EXTREMELY bad boy! I'm so MAAD at him I can't get the card out of the camera to download the pic. This bad bunny ATE a 5 inch hole in the back of a BRAND NEW kimono that is part of a BRAND NEW 3 piece pant outfit. I was just getting a hanger and answered the front door. Two minutes tops. He KNEW he was bad. We were out of his greens for his lunch so he had his sliver or apple instead. He was going to get the greens this evening after hubby went shopping for fresh ones. He's putting holes in lots of things. Can this be stress?
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Thumper has been very BAD!  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...... Empty Re: Thumper has been very BAD! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......

Post by Dotdot Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:14 am

Eek Thumper!!

I'm honestly not sure if it's stress. Tigger is a notorious chewer, she always has been- she's very mouthy (in more ways than one Laughing). I've got holes in jeans, my other half has holes in his jackets.

Has he always been like this or is it only recently?
Maybe he thought it needed tweaking
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Thumper has been very BAD!  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...... Empty Re: Thumper has been very BAD! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......

Post by fiver Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:25 am

aww norty thumper but maybe he thought it needed some attention to make it better Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Dotdot wrote:Eek Thumper!!

I'm honestly not sure if it's stress. Tigger is a notorious chewer, she always has been- she's very mouthy (in more ways than one Laughing). I've got holes in jeans, my other half has holes in his jackets.

Has he always been like this or is it only recently?
Maybe he thought it needed tweaking
The chewing started a few weeks ago and has just
gotten worse.

Our household is undergoing a tremendous amount
of stress ATM. Normally if we were an hour late on
getting his greens he might just try and trip us or
give us a light nip on the ankle.

I just am at a loss. I've had to resort to the using
the plant mister!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:36 pm

Uh oh!! Norty Thumper!!!

Does he have his own things to nibble? Willow sticks etc? My two are nibblers (unfortunately!) and I have started chasing them away from whatever they are chewing and giving them one of their own chewy things. Be it a willow stick, an alfalfa hay bale, a bit of cardboard or their playsticks. Just whatever is closest to hand at the time.

90% of the time they will take it and chew away! Dare I say, doing this has definitely reduced their chewing of my house over this last week! cheers
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:34 am

Thumper2001 wrote:Uh oh!! Norty Thumper!!!

Does he have his own things to nibble? Willow sticks etc? My two are nibblers (unfortunately!) and I have started chasing them away from whatever they are chewing and giving them one of their own chewy things. Be it a willow stick, an alfalfa hay bale, a bit of cardboard or their playsticks. Just whatever is closest to hand at the time.

90% of the time they will take it and chew away! Dare I say, doing this has definitely reduced their chewing of my house over this last week! cheers

He has apple branches, willow wreaths, enough cardboard to keep him chewing for weeks and weeks, then wood toys meant for chewing..... Today he decided to gnaw off a chunk of my cell phone holder and the corner of a pillow. This was on top of 2 more large chunks out of the sheet rock walls and 2 shoes. Different pairs.

I had to use the plant mister set on 'stream' to get his to cease and desist chewing a hole in a blanket! HBWS Do they make rabbit muzzles? Twisted Evil I'm kidding of course but.... HBWS What's a mother to do?
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:25 am

Thumper! You norty boy!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:25 am

Oh dear No Nibbler can be quite a chewer sometimes, and he has a mountain of things to chew on, so it gets quite annoying when he decides to start chewing furniture! I try and mix it round for him a bit so he's not got the same toys out, I've read before they can get easily bored so if you take it away and give it back a few days later they'll be interested in it again. Do you do that with his chew toys? Although Nibbler does still occasionally insist on trying to chew things he shouldn't, I think swapping it all round does make a difference and he'd be a lot worse if I didn't. Then again, he normally insists on trying to chew things he shouldn't when he's not happy about something, so maybe it's a way of him rebelling too, because he has to know full well that he shouldn't be chewing what he is!
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:33 am

That's what you get for calling him Nibbler! He's living up to his name Wink Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:38 pm

Rachel&Nibbler wrote:Oh dear No Nibbler can be quite a chewer sometimes, and he has a mountain of things to chew on, so it gets quite annoying when he decides to start chewing furniture! I try and mix it round for him a bit so he's not got the same toys out, I've read before they can get easily bored so if you take it away and give it back a few days later they'll be interested in it again. Do you do that with his chew toys? Although Nibbler does still occasionally insist on trying to chew things he shouldn't, I think swapping it all round does make a difference and he'd be a lot worse if I didn't. Then again, he normally insists on trying to chew things he shouldn't when he's not happy about something, so maybe it's a way of him rebelling too, because he has to know full well that he shouldn't be chewing what he is!

My Thumper is either too lazy or too dumb to catch the idea of a toy. If it involves food he may nudge it a time or two and then usually hops off. Today he hopped up on my bed and helped himself to both my apple sauce and oatmeal! He flipped the bowls right over without any warning! Hissy He is sure quick to flee when he knows he did something wrong! He kept hopping up for more bites as it was being cleaned! I have a feeling that I will have to guard my applesauce with care now. HBWS
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:48 pm

Oh Thumper! That is soooo naughty!

I wonder if he is picking up on all the stress you have been through lately Holly. You have really been through the mill recently and because he loves you and is prob very in tune with you this may be his way of expressing things.

Please tell him from me not to be so naughty, he is adding to his mummy's stress and not helping it!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:46 pm

I think you have made a very valid point there KatieB, pets to tend to know if their mum/dad isn't well or feeling stressed. In his own little way he is probably trying to make you laugh.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down