Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benji needs a new home ....

5 posters

Go down

Benji needs a new home .... Empty Benji needs a new home ....

Post by SarahJane Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:05 pm

I am heartbroken. I adore this bun, we have such a bond and I cannot keep him. I wanted his owner to be able to have him back but her situation has just got so much worse, in reality it will take her a long time to climb out of the situation she is in and with him being five years old and a single bun it isnt fair to make him wait.

I love him to bits and I have had fosters before so I know I can do this but i just want him to stay. He is SO friendly and loving, he is such a people bunny.

I am going to get him neutered next month and then start looking for a new home for him.

Sad
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Benji needs a new home .... Empty Re: Benji needs a new home ....

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:09 am

Sad So sorry to hear this SJ.

Do you know anyone that might be able to take him on?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:25 am

Oh what sad news - bless his heart.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:40 am

Poor Benji, i can imagine you are gutted. I know you will find him the best possible home though with a lady bun to keep him company Hugs
He has been a lucky bun to have you on his side. xxx
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:51 am

Without wanting to sound harsh, it's the new start he really needs if he has got to five years old and not been neutered and therefore not bonded. Neutering doesn't cost much and its the best money you can spend on them to give them a happy life.

I really feel for his previous owner and that stuff that life is throwing at her, and this is no way meant as a criticism but if after five years he's not been neutered, I'd be really worried about the ability to find money for vet bills that are likely to start occuring in a rabbit 5+. She's obviously spent time with him from how you describe is temperament but a fresh start for him with someone who is financially more secure does sound best all around. That said, my heart does break for her because I understand how much she cared for her rabbits. Crying or Very sad

I'm really sorry you can't keep him, I'm sure you've done all the what if's and calculations to make it possible. At least you know that you are in charge of making sure he's kept safe and happy, that must ease the heartache a bit.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:08 am

Thats why I emailed her, her other two are in a rescue permanently but if she can have them back then she can, whenever that will be. which is fine because the buns are together, but Benji isnt and it isnt fair. Thats also what I said to her, the cost of three buns is high and he cant stay alone so in reality she isnt ever going to be in a position to have him back considering his age.

I had to have him vaccinated too, so its just not in his best interests to be there right now. The gutting thing is, this lady paid me a lot of money 4 years ago when they moved to board her bunnies for six weeks, while she moved. and what has got me is how peoples circumstances can change so much.

I know he is better off because of her circumstances but had hoped so much they could be reunited and I could have bonded him into her other three once he was neutered.

I dont have anyone in mind but hopefully there is someone out there who is looking for a male bun. Im not letting him go too far though, I am happy to keep him until the perfect home comes that is no more than an hour or so away.

The main reason I cant keep him is because I still live at home, and while my mum loves my rabbits and would hate them to go she doesnt want to commit to another bun being in her house (garden!), because she doesnt mind being a safety net if say insurance fell through for illness, or if I had to go away for a weekend, but she doesnt want to commit to another bun, which I completely understand.

We have a lot going on our end, my niece now lives with us and shes 15 (been here 9 months) so its been hectic, Im not well myself either.

If he didnt find a perfect home, we would manage and he would want for nothing, and be neutered and vaccinated but.......that being said, it is in his and my best interests if we try to find him somewhere.

SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down