Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlie met bella

3 posters

Go down

Charlie met bella Empty Charlie met bella

Post by dizzylynn Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:18 pm

Well done a bonding session with bella & charlie, at 1st he didnt even pay much attention to her, then they both snuggled each other for min, then he tried to hump her, she didnt stop him & and the water stray didnt either so we gave him a row, 3 times we had to give him a row & he gave us a comical loom as it to say awww spoil my fun, then she must have realised ok hes not allowed to do that so she started to thump and grunt when he tried again so we didnt have to stop him, he listened to her awww. He binkied a little when she tickled his back leg. Once i was sure hubby would be ok with them I bared the horrible rain n cleaned out the huts. Got soaked but needs to be done no matter weather. Hubby was like aww you sooooo missed all the fun, both were snuggling hs chin on kitchen floor purring away beside each other, charlie has no care as long as he gets his daddy snuggles. Will do another session tomorow after paint boys room. This 1 was about 40 mins took ages trying to clean huts in the rain lol.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Charlie met bella Empty Re: Charlie met bella

Post by Sparky Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:23 pm

If you do get them bonded before she is spayed, please keep a really, really close eye on them. When she starts getting teenage hormones all sorts of trouble could kick off.

IMO a broken bond can be harder to fix than a new bond. Personally, I wouldn't have tried bonding them until a few weeks after she is spayed....
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:43 pm

I agree with Sparky. You are probably better to wait until they have come through their operations. Once they are neutered, you will have to separate them for about a week to allow them to heal, that can interfere with a relatively new bond and could cause problems when you reintroduce them.
Also, the hormones don't disappear straight away and can take a few months to settle down.

I'm glad it went well, but I would be inclined to end on a good note now and wait until their ops are over. Hopefully, they will remember that when they met, it was a good experience.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:30 am

Charlie was done last year, bella is still to young to have her opp, will get her opp in about 4 - 5 months time, or sooner.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down