Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aviary Panels

+3
Big Ears
Sparky
Tuckerbunnies
7 posters

Go down

Aviary Panels Empty Aviary Panels

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Does anybody know anywhere that does them cheap as we use to get them from someone on Ebay
but he doesn't do them anymore by the look's of it. We are desperate for more runs and aviary panels are
easier to put together and make a decent run with.

Thank You xx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Aviary Panels Empty Re: Aviary Panels

Post by Sparky Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:34 pm

They do come up on eBay, new or used, but we couldn't find any where we were happy with the price and the build quality so we're building our own.

If you're still in need when we've got ours done and we have weld mesh left, we'll see if we can help out. There aren't enough hours in the day at the moment though Hmmm (ones where it is not raining, anyway...)
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:31 pm

Sparky wrote:They do come up on eBay, new or used, but we couldn't find any where we were happy with the price and the build quality so we're building our own.

If you're still in need when we've got ours done and we have weld mesh left, we'll see if we can help out. There aren't enough hours in the day at the moment though Hmmm (ones where it is not raining, anyway...)

Aww Bless you Sparky but we couldn't put you to any trouble you are like us there are just not enough hours in the day to do everything or the time Hugs Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:59 pm

I bought some of Delboy last week Hmmm Laughing Laughing

Seriously... a bloke in Sunderland, *goes off to check ebay*

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Build-Your-Own-Animal-Run-Panels-Rabbit-Guinea-Pig-Run-/130562470981?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&var=&hash=item1e66213445

I bought the 5ft ones and I'm so pleased I've ordered some more in 3ft and 4ft. If I decide they are not quite high enough at 22" I'm going to add a skirting board panel at the bottom/top just to make them a tad taller. They are an absolute bargain. It says he waits a week before sending but I paid by Paypal and they came within a couple of days. I'm hoping to attach them together tomorrow.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Crikey, that is a good price and they look well made - why didn't we find those? Hissy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:19 pm

Big Ears wrote:I bought some of Delboy last week Hmmm Laughing Laughing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Build-Your-Own-Animal-Run-Panels-Rabbit-Guinea-Pig-Run-/130562470981?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Small_Animals&var=&hash=item1e66213445

I bought the 5ft ones and I'm so pleased I've ordered some more in 3ft and 4ft. If I decide they are not quite high enough at 22" I'm going to add a skirting board panel at the bottom/top just to make them a tad taller. They are an absolute bargain. It says he waits a week before sending but I paid by Paypal and they came within a couple of days. I'm hoping to attach them together tomorrow.

That's who we got our's off I couldn't find him on ebay Oh Thank you for the link I've put it in my favourites list now Happy Dance

Mike built 2 runs in an hour with the last ones we had off him and they came quick as well Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:20 pm

Sparky wrote:Crikey, that is a good price and they look well made - why didn't we find those? Hissy

They are well made they are brilliant, I'm so glad he is still selling them Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:34 am

Blimey, those are a great price! thanks for posting that!

I'm thinking of getting another one of theserunsfor the garden, they come in different sizes

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251037537255?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

better than the puppypens as they have a roof and sunshade
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:35 am

Big Ears wrote:I bought some of Delboy last week Hmmm Laughing Laughing

Just a word of warning, in case anyone is thinking of buying the panels in the link - the batch I've received today are very poor quality. The mesh is only just bigger than the space for it so when stapled to the wood it's only just on the edge of the wood. In carriage the mesh has been pushed in slightly and the staples have come out - just shows what could happen if a preditor pushed against it Mad They needed to overlap but at least 1 inch, in my humble opinion.

Also the mesh itself has faults on it. At least 3 of the 6 panels I've just received have serious faults in the mesh - like a line missing/badly skewed and on one the mesh joins and is re-welded, leaving sharp bits in the middle of a panel Evil or Very Mad I'm so angry. I actually wonder of these were put ot one side as faulty then I ended up with them. Only the ones with sharp edges I consider dangerous the other are just cosmetically bad. Also, because the mesh is stapled so close to the edge it causes the raw (sharp) edges to turn in and therefore be dangerous.

Not happy ... so not happy Mad

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:46 am

We get our panels from there so Thank You for letting us know as the panels he sent us were quite good and we were happy with, have you contacted them and let them know?
I would be angry to as it's not as if you can box them up and send them back No

We shall look elsewhere then.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:55 am

Tuckerbunnies wrote:We get our panels from there so Thank You for letting us know as the panels he sent us were quite good and we were happy with, have you contacted them and let them know?

I will contact them this evening when I get round to it, I'm supposed to be working at the moment Embarassed I do wonder if they had put them to one side then accidently dispatched them because all the ones next to each other were poor quality mesh. They definitely staple too close to the edge though, I thought that previously but the stapling on this batch is only mms from the edge so just useless. I need to calm down before composing my message to them, in case it was a genuine accident that they were sent out, I don't want to be too heavy-handed. It's my third batch from them so I hope they take me seriously that I'm not a whinger.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Big Ears wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:We get our panels from there so Thank You for letting us know as the panels he sent us were quite good and we were happy with, have you contacted them and let them know?

I will contact them this evening when I get round to it, I'm supposed to be working at the moment Embarassed I do wonder if they had put them to one side then accidently dispatched them because all the ones next to each other were poor quality mesh. They definitely staple too close to the edge though, I thought that previously but the stapling on this batch is only mms from the edge so just useless. I need to calm down before composing my message to them, in case it was a genuine accident that they were sent out, I don't want to be too heavy-handed. It's my third batch from them so I hope they take me seriously that I'm not a whinger.

If it's your third batch I hope to that they have made a mistake Sad
let us all know how you get on, Good Luck and I hope they send you out a better batch xx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:18 pm

Aviary Panels PICT0007-3

Aviary Panels PICT0002-2

These last two pictures are the same panel just different views.
Aviary Panels PICT0004-3

Aviary Panels PICT0005-3

On closer examination then, I regard 3 of them as dangerous.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:43 pm

omg! that's not good at all and that piece of wire sticking out is very dangerous a rabbit could get seriously hurt with that or even lose an eye , they are awful No

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:26 pm

That is pretty bad - I hope it was a genuine mistake and they are quick to put it right.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:44 pm

That is outrageous that they would send that out. Anyone could get easily hurt, both hoomin and beast!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Thanks all for the feedback.

I started to doubt myself and wondered if I was picky but felt not when I looked at the photos.

This is the message I sent the seller:
Hi, I received my most recent batch of this product yesterday and I am really disappointed at the quality. The 3ft panels are of the good quality I expected but 3 of the 6 4ft panels are what I consider not fit for purpose as the mesh is dangerous. (I have photos if you want me to e-mail them). 2 have faults within the mesh in the middle of the panel which has sharp edges on, so not just very unsightly but very dangerous. The third has the mesh slightly shorter in length than ideal and has been stapled to the end piece but the staples are too close to the edge so the staples have come out and the sharp edges turned in, again dangerous but also not secure.

Because of the high standard of previous batches I'm actually wondering if these were put to one side and then dispatched accidentally.

It would be my preference to return them and have replacements. Please let me know how you wish to proceed.
Many thanks

This is the response that I got, within a few hours:
Hi Alison

sorry to hear that, we'll post you 3 x 4ft panels next week

please keep/use the panels you,ve recieved.

sorry again Derek.

So, assuming the ones that are sent next week are all good then I'm happy. Very Happy

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Fingers crossed your replacements are decent Thumbs Up
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:44 pm

Sounds like they are taking it seriously so it might have been a mistake. Hope the next batch are much better.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Just reporting back that I received 3 replacement panels today, all good quality and he's obviously sent them Monday - the first opportunity he had. So I continue to recommend this product and seller despite this little hiccup Thumbs Up

And... I'm going to take the mesh off the frames and as I'm extending a Rabbit Hutch Shop double hutch a quick check and these panels seem to be spot on for the frame for the hutch Very Happy

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:10 pm

Big Ears wrote:Just reporting back that I received 3 replacement panels today, all good quality and he's obviously sent them Monday - the first opportunity he had. So I continue to recommend this product and seller despite this little hiccup Thumbs Up

And... I'm going to take the mesh off the frames and as I'm extending a Rabbit Hutch Shop double hutch a quick check and these panels seem to be spot on for the frame for the hutch Very Happy

That's great news that they have sent you more panels Thumbs Up

I will still use them then Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down