Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

These new Ferplast chew toys...

3 posters

Go down

These new Ferplast chew toys... Empty These new Ferplast chew toys...

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:41 pm

Aparently made completely from corn starch and are safe to chew and eat.

http://www.ferplast.it/lista_prodotti_eng.php/id_menu=0405/prodotto=Nibbling%20toys%20for%20rodents

The thing i was thinking is, starchy foods arent good for rabbits, and neiter is corn. Sooo, are they really suitable? I dont quite understand them.

I did buy a pack, and Hughie ran and around and around with the apple one in his mouth before nibbling it for at least half an hour!! Shocked Dolly also nibbled hers for a fair amount of time too, so they clearly love them.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

These new Ferplast chew toys... Empty Re: These new Ferplast chew toys...

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:51 pm

Corn as in the cobs can be dangerous to buns but I think cornstarch - the processed version - is probably fine. Although it's a bit like giving your bun a something made with wheat flour. I don't like the bit on the info sheet that says that they have no expiry date. And how is feeding a bun something not altering it's diet. I think they are confusing.

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:59 pm

ive seen those and i keep looking at them but keep walking away Laughing
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:56 pm

I saw these but I've always bypassed them.
I know they're probably a different material but they looked really plastic-y in the package and reminded me of 'nylabones'. If you didn't know, they're basically plastic chews for dogs and we got one for our dog when he was a pup because he was teething. We were advised it was perfectly safe and designed for teething puppies. Turns out he had chewed it but swallowed quite a large bit which then got lodged in his stomach, sharp edges and all Sad Luckily the vet managed to break down the mass with him on the table by palpating his tummy, but I'd never buy them again. I guess that's why I walked past these!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Dotdot wrote:I saw these but I've always bypassed them.
I know they're probably a different material but they looked really plastic-y in the package and reminded me of 'nylabones'. If you didn't know, they're basically plastic chews for dogs and we got one for our dog when he was a pup because he was teething. We were advised it was perfectly safe and designed for teething puppies. Turns out he had chewed it but swallowed quite a large bit which then got lodged in his stomach, sharp edges and all Sad Luckily the vet managed to break down the mass with him on the table by palpating his tummy, but I'd never buy them again. I guess that's why I walked past these!

We buy the nylabones for Poppy, she doesnt eat them though. I bypassed these Ferplast things the first few times as i didnt know what they were, but they deffinitley arent the same as nylabones.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down