Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carriers

+3
Rachel&Nibbler
FluffSlave
dizzylynn
7 posters

Go down

Carriers Empty Carriers

Post by dizzylynn Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:33 am

Was at vet with 3 of the buns, the big carrier is yo heavy once 2 buns are in it so was thinking about getting new small ones and just leave the old 1 in there run. Looking at getting 3 of these.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/crates/small_dog_crates/46453
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Carriers Empty Re: Carriers

Post by dizzylynn Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:43 am

dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:24 pm

Willow has one similar to the second picture. She's a big bunny but fits in fine (hers may be slightly larger) and it seems fairly robust so far Thumbs Up
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:48 pm

If you've got a bun who doesn't want to go in then the second one can be a bit tricky. It's really not very elegant trying to get Nibbler in and the nice comfy base I make never ends up under him in the struggle. I'm strongly considering getting rid of the one we have atm and getting one like the top one.
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:06 pm

Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:21 pm

These are like the ones we use to buy from Wilkinsons and they are brilliant and they are light . Wilkinsons use to sell a small and large in them but I'm not sure they do pet carriers anymore
will just pop and look....hang on Smile

* Goes on Google to look*

No they don't look like they do the plastic pet carriers anymore only the canvas ones which are ok as a spare to keep in the car like we have for when we go to collect a bunny and come back with two Laughing

They do have a nice bunny dish though http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/rabbit-food+hutches/mason-cash-rabbit-bowl/invt/0303643/?htxt=%2FUvRjc0xAaKk26JwgsxcsV6E2gjpK53ITJCPcypNRrR6jhjYX3SDlEUFWaOdTpLU0xVcTayKYYOc%0Aw4t9gBa9qg%3D%3D

If you are like me and love nice bunny dishes Rolling Eyes

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:42 pm

That is the only problem, I do have to bribe Willow inside Laughing I kind of create a trail of veg or pellets starting from outside going further and further into the carrier which she tends to follow after a while of running in and running out again Laughing She's getting wise to it now though, and stretches in to get the treat at the back whilst keeping one back leg outside the carrier at all times Rolling Eyes
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:50 pm

FluffSlave wrote:That is the only problem, I do have to bribe Willow inside Laughing I kind of create a trail of veg or pellets starting from outside going further and further into the carrier which she tends to follow after a while of running in and running out again Laughing She's getting wise to it now though, and stretches in to get the treat at the back whilst keeping one back leg outside the carrier at all times Rolling Eyes

Laughing it won't get any better now! Jeeves I can pick up and pop in easy, he will even be lead in with food. Tigger however, will crawl her front half in, grab the food and leg it. When I pick her up to put her in she puts her paws out either side stopping me from putting her in!
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:51 pm

They are little devils, aren't they! Laughing

I never really pick Willow up. She used to like cuddles when she was a baby and not all hormonal, but now she has a right strop if you try, and she is just enormous. She's hurt me a few times giving it a go, so I steer clear now.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:00 pm

My gosh she sounds like Tigger even more! Shocked
When she was a little one she used to love being picked up and cuddled, she hit 6 months ish and that all went out the window.
She kicks like hell and will claw me now. I've not been bitten yet but I do wonder if I will one day.

I do the quickest bum check known to buns because she doesn't stop moving and kicking, I don't often get a good view.
I never manage to clip her claws and she won't go on her back and won't be held in a bunny burrito! (Wrapped in a towel).
She behaves perfectly at the vet though.

Some people say 'oh you need to make sure you pick up your bun from a young age and get them used to it.' Hissy My reply is I HAVE! Some rabbits just don't tolerate it, there's nothing I could change! Rolling Eyes
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:54 pm

There are 100s of carriers on the market now. You can get one that opens from the top and from the front. I really like the Catit Cabrio ones, although they can be pricey. This will be the one Marley and Dolly get once my brother succeeds in breaking their current one.

One thing i dont advise though is sending a bonded pair in two seperate carriers. Traveling together helps reduce stress, and ive seen it myself. Davie would be hiding under his blankets with bulging eyes when i took him on his own, but he was so much more relaxed when he went with Skye.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:59 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:

One thing i dont advise though is sending a bonded pair in two seperate carriers. Traveling together helps reduce stress, and ive seen it myself. Davie would be hiding under his blankets with bulging eyes when i took him on his own, but he was so much more relaxed when he went with Skye.

I agree with that totally we never ever send one bunny without his/her companion as it does make them more relaxed and they cuddle up to each other on the journey there and back.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Kate7590 Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:00 pm

The first choice looks great Smile

Iv just got a second fabric colapsible [sp?] carrier which I find easier as they dont take up loads of space when not in use Smile
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:10 pm

I was looking st fabric ones for easier storage but paranoid they eat through it lol. Rosie kept banging her back legs in the carrier, she was with smokey, huffy madam.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Dotdot wrote:My gosh she sounds like Tigger even more! Shocked
When she was a little one she used to love being picked up and cuddled, she hit 6 months ish and that all went out the window.
She kicks like hell and will claw me now. I've not been bitten yet but I do wonder if I will one day.

I do the quickest bum check known to buns because she doesn't stop moving and kicking, I don't often get a good view.
I never manage to clip her claws and she won't go on her back and won't be held in a bunny burrito! (Wrapped in a towel).
She behaves perfectly at the vet though.

Some people say 'oh you need to make sure you pick up your bun from a young age and get them used to it.' Hissy My reply is I HAVE! Some rabbits just don't tolerate it, there's nothing I could change! Rolling Eyes

I think Tigger and Willow are long lost sisters Shocked Laughing I got her when she was four months old and she was a sympathy buy from a pet shop (I didn't plan on getting a rabbit but couldn't leave such a sweet girl to some horrible life with a child), and I had a cuddle with her for about 10 minutes and she just fell asleep in my arms. Hit 6 months and couldn't stand it, and grew too big to argue with Laughing

She's also an angel to be picked up and put on the scales, moved around etc at the vets Rolling Eyes They are so norty!
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down